6e Single-Leg Barbell Romanian Deadlifts
8-12 Single-Arm High Pulls
3-6 Wall Walks
Build to a challenging set on each exercise.
Post work to comments.
Week 4 of 7
20 Minutes for Quality (6-8 sets):
15 Double Russian Kettlebell Swings, AHAP
100′ Sled Push, AHAP
:30 Reverse Plank Bridge
Work up to a few challenging sets on the Swings and the sled. Perform the Reverse Plank Bridges with as internally rotated a shoulder (fingers pointing toward feet) as possible. Rest as needed between movements and sets.
Post work to comments.
March 31st: Wim Hof Method Workshop
Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. Find out how you can utilize oxygen and cold exposure to optimize body & mind, and learn about the underlying physiology.
The intimate quality allows for ample personal attention, and feedback tailored to your specific situation. Whether you are looking to improve mental or physical performance, relieve symptoms related to an illness, or are just curious to find out what the Wim Hof Method is all about— a WHM workshop offers something for everyone.
The program generally kicks off with an introduction to the Wim Hof Method, and always includes a breathing session and an (optional) ice bath. At the end there is ample room for reflection, and the Instructor is there to answer questions throughout the workshop. (Wim Hof will NOT be at the workshop.)
Instructors have their own specializations, and there is some variation across the individual workshops. A detailed overview of the day is sent out upon registration.
If you have no prior experience with cold exposure, we recommend you finish your showers cold in the days leading up to the workshop. This may be overwhelming at first, but just try to relax, focus on your breath, and bring it into a controlled, steady rhythm.
Date, Time, and Pricing
Sunday, March 31st from 2:15pm to 6:15pm
Who is this workshop for?
This workshop is suitable for everyone, but does require a basic level of health. Out of precaution, we advise against participation during pregnancy, or if you are epileptic. People with cardiovascular issues, or any other serious health conditions should always consult a medical professional before starting the Wim Hof Method.
What to Bring
- Warm comfy clothes
- Yoga mat (CFSBK has plenty you can borrow!)
- Bathing suit and towel (if ice bath bound)
- Open minds and hearts
News and Notes
- A new cycle of Coach Ro’s Anti-Gravity Strength class starts Saturday the 9th, and there are just 5 spots left. Go HERE to learn more and claim one!
- Starting tomorrow, March 4th, we’re making some tweaks to our class schedule to better serve our community. Here’s what’s happening: Tuesday’s 5:30pm Strong Fit class will be dropped. Anti-Gravity classes will switch to days and times. AG will now meet Wednesdays at 5:30pm and Saturdays at 1pm.
- Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle today starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Open Workout 19.2
Ask a Swole Woman: How Sore Should I Be After Lifting Weights? Self
Stefi Cohen Squats 495 for an Unofficial World Record BarBend