Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on our normal schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Our first Friday Night Lights event of 2019 goes down this tonight starting at 5:30pm. This is a great way to take on 19.1 in a super-fun, high-energy environment! Go to the FNL Sign Up Sheet to reserve a space in the heat of your choice. Everyone is welcomed to participate; you don’t have to be on an Intramural team. But if you are on an Intramural team, get ready to throw down! The high fives will be plentiful.
2. If you haven’t registered for the Open yet, there’s still time to support your community and get in on the fun! Go here to sign up.
3. Congrats to all of our CRASH-Beasts on a successful weekend in Boston. And a special congrats to Toni S. on taking home the bronze in the Women’s Open division and Coach Jess Fox on taking 3rd place in her division. Incredible!
4. Put yourself in the expert hands of a certified Wim Hof Method Instructor to learn the 3 pillars of the Wim Hof Method: Breathing Technique, Cold Exposure, and Commitment. On March 31st, we are hosting a Wim Hof Fundamentals Workshop. Check out the event page for more info!
5. Paul A. is headed out of town for 3 months from April to July and is looking to sublet his awesome Prospect Heights apartment. Go HERE to check out the listing and feel free to send it to anyone who might be interested!
6. “Epictetus was once asked which words would help a person live a life of peace and goodness. The two words, he said, were ἀνέχου (bear) and ἀπέχου (forbear). (Another translation puts it at: Persist and Resist).” Yesterday on the blog, Coach Ro had some words of wisdom for Open season.
Yesterday’s Results Board
Hot, Small, or Couch: Why Potatoes Make Great Idioms Atlas Obscura
Ankle Mobility: Training Inside Out Breaking Muscle