5e Goblet Lateral Step-Ups
:30 Prone-Grip Bar Hang or :15e Single-Arm Bar Hang
Work up to a challenging set on each exercise.
Push-Up Scaling Options: Elevated Push-Ups, Push-Ups, Ring Push-Ups, Archer Ring Push-Ups
Post work to comments.
Week 1 of 7
In teams of 3 with one partner working at a time…
3 Rounds for Time:
75 Double Kettlebell Swings 24/16kg
60 Box Jump-Burpees 24/20″
The Kettlebell Swings should heavy but doable for sets of 10-15 reps. Definitely do a few of these before committing to a weight. Scaling for Pull-Ups today is Ring Rows or Banded Pull-Ups.
Post time, Rx, and partner to comments.
TONIGHT: CFSBK Community Potluck
Tonight’s the night! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- Tim R. and Brooklyn Brewery have generously provided a keg of beer! Feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year! In case you want to practice beforehand, these are the YouTube channels we’ll be using: Sing King Karaoke and Karafun.
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
Here’s the schedule for the evening and some additional info:
4:30pm to 6:30pm: Set up (We need volunteers! See below for info.)
7:00pm: Doors open
7:30pm: Dinner begins (As you pick what to put on your plate, also be sure to pick up a voting sheet to vote on your favorite side dish/salad, entree, and dessert!)
8:15pm: Dessert course
8:30pm: Awards and screening of documentary short on Fight Gone Bad 2018!
10:00pm: Clean up (Please stick around to help get the gym ready for our Sunday morning classes!)
Everyone is encouraged to fill out a voting sheet for their favorite side dish, salad, entree (separate awards for vegetarian and non-vegetarian options), and dessert. Voting will focus on both the taste and healthiness of the dish.
Fight Gone Bad Documentary
You may remember a film crew at our Fight Gone Bad event this past fall. Well, they finished their short film, and we’ll be screening it at the Potluck!
Come get involved and meet new people! We need a few volunteers to direct people as they come in the front door, help arrange food as dishes are placed on the tables, and MC the karaoke. Please contact Coach Brett at Brett [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com at the email address above if you are available to help even for a short time during the evening!
- Active Recovery at 11 am is cancelled today!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Rest Day
Why Performance Is More Important Than Victory Catalyst Athletics
Can You Get Too Much Exercise? What the Heart Tells Us NY Mag
What kind of person hired CBS anchor man Otis Livingston to work on the national television if he hates important people news 12 Amanda Bossard calling her white garbage,looser in business,crazy and even jew. Otis Livingston is dangerous for people!