Spend about 20 minutes rotating through the three exercises, resting about 30-60 seconds between movements. Scale the Skin the Cats to low rings as needed, and use a jump on both ends to come through. Use as much control as possible on the descent, fighting not to drop. Build to a challenging set on each of the movements.
Post work to comments.
Week 1 of 8
AMRAP 10 Minutes:
10 Box Jumps 24/20
Post Rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
Saturday: CFSBK Community Potluck
This year’s Community Potluck goes down this Saturday, February 9th! We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm and will continue until around 10. This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come. Bring your friends and family!
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge: animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, and whole grains are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Coach David!
- We’ll be doing karaoke again this year! In case you want to practice beforehand, these are the YouTube channels we’ll be using: Sing King Karaoke and Karafun.
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE (for kids).
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail Coach Brett at Brett [at] Crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let him know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page.
Get your heavy-duty plates ready. We can’t wait to see you there!
News and Notes
- Our new 8-week training cycle starts today! We’ll have the full template up on the blog tomorrow.
- Are you participating in the 2019 Open? Please take a minute to fill out this short survey, so we know if you’re interested in participating in our Intramural Team Competition!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | Wall Balls, Kettlebell Swings, Row
Why Should I Even Still Do The Open? Morning Chalk Up
Can Low-Impact Sports Like Cycling Be Putting Your Bones At Risk? NY Times