1) 12 Dumbbell Bench Presses
2) 150′ Single-Arm Farmer Carry, each arm
3) 7/5 Calorie Bike, as fast as possible
Spend about 30 minutes today rotating through the exercises. Build to challenging sets on the Dumbbell Bench and the Farmer Carries. For the bike sprints, take the first one at what feels like 90%, then go all out on each one after, resting as needed before returning to the bench press. Aim for between 5 and 8 sets total.
Post work to comments.
Week 8 of 8
Post work to comments.
The Countdown to the 2019 Crossfit Open Begins
We’re now less than a month away from the start of the 2019 CrossFit Open! 2018 was a big year for the gym, and we want to keep the good vibes rolling in 2019. That’s why we’re aiming to have 200 CFSBKers register for the Open this year! Rory McKernan explains what the Open is in this video from last year, but here are 5 really good reasons why you should participate:
1. As in years past, there will be both Rx’d and Scaled versions of each workout. So don’t fret if you don’t have those Pull-Ups or Muscle-Ups or What-Have-Yous yet.
2. We’ll be running the CFSBK Open Intramural Team Competition again this year, and you’ll have to be officially registered for Open to take part. This competition aims to promote a healthy community rivalry and provide motivation for all Open competitors to perform their best each week. Perhaps most importantly, there will be t-shirts!
3. FRIDAY. NIGHT. LIGHTS. Each Open Intramural team will send a male and a female competitor to this super-fun throw down that we’ll host all 5 weeks of the Open. Check out some of our photos from last year here and here!
4. Competition is fun and good for you, even if you’re not the competitive type! Read Coach Fox’s blog classic “Why Compete?” That about sums it up.
5. The Open best expresses the fundamentally democratic spirit of CrossFit. It’s easy to forget about that when you watch incredible athletes doing incredible things in the Games. But in the Open, everyone has a chance to prove something to themselves, and at CFSBK, we’re lucky to be able to do that in an environment in which your fellow athletes will cheer you on, whether you’re a veteran, a rookie, or somewhere in between. If you’re thinking about doing it, do it!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Power Cleans, Handstand Push-Ups
The State of Our Union’s Children Breaking Muscle
Canada’s Food Guide Government of Canada