Every Minute on the Minute x 15:
1 Power Clean
Use the first few minutes as warm ups and build to a heavy single for the day. No misses, no garbage reps.
Post loads to comments.
Week 5 0f 8
30 Russian Kettlebell Swings 32/24
20 Push Jerks 135/95
30 Calorie Row or 20 Calorie Bike
Go time, no holding back. The Swings should be unbroken, and so should the Jerks on the top end. See the finish on the erg and go for it.
Post time and Rx to comments.
January 21st – February 27th: CFSBK Coach Development Camp
Join seasoned CFSBK coaches Whitney Hubbard and David Osorio for a 6-week coaching development camp. This program is of interest to novice coaches, experienced coaches, and affiliate owners alike. Click those links to see short videos explaining what each group will gain from this one-of-a-kind program. And if you know someone who might be interested in this program, do us a solid and send them this post!
Goals of the Program
- Ensure that coaches have a sound foundation of the six pillars of effective training: teaching, seeing, correcting, presence and attitude, group management, and demonstration
- Bridge the gap between obtaining a CF Level 1 and developing your coaching practice
- Encourage participants to observe and learn from the methods and standards of CFSBK, while establishing their own style and voice
- Provide guidance, mentorship, and experience
- Allow participants to make mistakes and have fun as they improve their skills
- CF Level 1 Training Course
- CF Anatomy Course (online)
- CF Spot the Flaw Course (recommended, not required)
- Participant must review CF Level 1 training manual prior to first session, should be very familiar with the movement models included, and be prepared to teach and correct in that style
Date and Time
- Monday, January 21st to Wednesday, February 27th (6 weeks)
- Mondays and Wednesdays, 1:30-3:30PM (2 days per week)
- Participants can expect to spend an additional 1-4 hours outside of class each week (practical homework, reading, class observations, etc.)
- 12 sessions / 24 hours total in class time
- Small group setting: camp size limited to 12 participants for a 6:1 ratio
- Program handbook, digital resource list, practical homework, class observations
- Coaches will have access to leader’s email address for questions, consultation, and mentorship for the duration of the program
- $550 total, paid in two installments of $225 (average cost of $23/hour in class time)
- First payment will be charged at the beginning of program; the second at the halfway point.
- Handbook, additional resources, and class observation times included in total cost.
- No refunds will be provided for the program.
- If a participant misses a class for any reason, there will not be make-up sessions. However, the participant will still be able to review the handbook and resource list for that day.
In this course we will…
- Review foundational movement models/archetypes and their points of performance
- Focus on how to teach, see, and correct movement with one athlete at a time; eventually we will move to coaching multiple athletes
- Develop our skills to teach more complex movements and progressions
- Expand into group management and running an effective (and fun!) class
- Discuss what it means to be a coach and how our presence and attitude has an impact
- Theory: Course leaders will spend time sharing their years of individual experience as well as the established practices and methods of CrossFit South Brooklyn. We’ll look at various aspects of what makes an effective coach and how to create great training sessions and group classes.
- Practical: We will utilize a series of practicals, where course leaders will provide demonstration and examples of the given topic/movement. This includes: movement models, positions and transitions, common faults, effective cues and correction, etc.
- Break Out: In these sections, participants will test out their skills and actively coach their peers. Course leaders will watch, advice, and coach the coaches.
How to Sign Up
Head over to the event page for more info about the instructors!
News and Notes
- Today’s 12pm Pilates class is cancelled.
- Starting tomorrow, we’re launching an additional CrossFit Kids class (ages 5 to 7) on Mondays from 3:30pm to 4:30pm. Head over to the Kids & Teens program page for more info!
Yesterday’s Results Board: WODurday
The Hot Toddy: A “Medicinal” Drink That Might Actually Work Smithsonian
The Tipping Point of Progress Training Think Tank