Deadlift + Hang Clean + Push Jerk
In 10 minutes, warm up to a heavyish load on the complex.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 4 of 8
AMRAP 15 Minutes:
9 Deadlifts 155/105
7 Hang Cleans
5 Push Jerks
3 Bar Muscle-Ups
The barbell load is “DT” weight, and should be medium-heavy for you. Sub Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups if you don’t have Bar Muscle-Ups.
AMRAP 15 Minutes:
12 Deadlifts 115/80
9 Hang Cleans
6 Push Jerks
3 Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups
The barbell load should be medium-heavy, with the Jerks likely being the limiter. Use a load you feel confident you could perform a set of 10 Jerks with. Sub Chin-Over-Bar Pull-Ups or Jumping Chest-to-Bar Pull-Ups as needed.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
Emily A. performing with her band Garden Party at November’s CFSBK Art Show. Want another chance to see Emily play? She’s performing in Manhattan tomorrow night! See Wednesday’s post for details
Last Day to Register for the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge!
Today is the last day to sign up for the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, our annual 12-week collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits. Hundreds of CFSBKers have seen real results over the years, but time is running out to climb aboard this year’s Challenge Train!
How To Participate
Complete the following steps in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up at front desk or the CFSBK Online Store. This is a 3-month program, paid in 3 installments of $30. The first payment will be charged at registration, with the following 2 payments automatically charged each month thereafter. ($90 total plus NY sales tax)
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2019 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Capacity Test WOD and record your results.
- Track points earned daily on the spreadsheet based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by March 29th, at the end of the Challenge
- Participate in bi-monthly Virtual Classroom Sessions on Facebook Live. Each session will include a brief topical lecture followed by Q&A. They’ll be Mondays from 1:10pm until about 1:40pm on the following dates (subject to change): 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 3/18.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Partner WOD
For Olivia Vollmar, CrossFit Saved Her Life Morning Chalk Up
Sorry, There’s Nothing Magical About Breakfast NY Times
Arturo R says
10 banded goblet squats
6-8 strict K2E
6-8 HR push ups
x 3 rounds
Kipping ring muscle up practice
in 4 min complete:
2-5 muscle ups
10 box jumps
12 cal row/bike
-with remaining time AMRAP burpees
x 3 rounds
9AM with the Fox Fam
work up to heavy DL + HC + PJ in 10 min:
65×3, 85×3, 105×2
115, 125, 135, 145
pretty chill. more in the tank.
Performance WOD RX’d: 6 rounds + 10 reps
woo! this was a doozy.
my BB was set up far from my pull-up bar, so I used that as my pacing strategy. just calm walking to and from; as soon as I finished around and got back to the barbell, i just started the DL.
broke things up consistently:
DL 8 – 1 into HC 5 – 2 into PJ 5 unbroken
this felt like the right choice for me. 5 HC at 105# was pretty sh*tty, but it made me focus on staying tight/vertical and being efficient with my technique. in the back half I realized it felt much better to keep my hook grip mostly in. jerks were solid, but I needed some reminders to keep my midline engaged!!
BMU unbroken. pretty smooth except for last rep which was goofy.
biggest component of this was heart rate and breathing, honestly. i was pretty gassed after the 2nd round, so it became about managing pace and keeping form.
15 min cooldown on bike
Fitness @83#: 5+12
Back felt good!
Even though my heart rate was jacked up and I wanted pause, I tried not to spend too much time in the hang position to save my grip. Grip was actually fine because of this.
Unbroken and cycled.
Limiter was breathing. Took lots of rest before the cleans and push jerks.
Yesterday: 36:03 with Paola
Pushups went from 5s to 3s to 1s. I miss the days when these were a strength of mine! Double-unders varied from round to round. Everything else fast. Paola challenged herself with some of the weights and thought she might have to drop down but she stuck with it and did awesome!
The jerk at 103 felt heavy today so I didn’t add any weight.
David Osorio says
Late night session
Today’s performance Metcon with JB. It was mucho dificil
5 rounds + 9 reps
Barbell at 135
Then did some squat cleans and fun assistance work because yolo