Every 5 Minutes for 5 Rounds:
5 Hang Muscle Snatches
5 Overhead Squats
10 Kipping Pull-Ups
Perform the Muscle Snatches and Overhead Squats as a complex. Do not put the barbell down. Build in load across the 5 sets. Sub Jumping Pull-Ups for Pull-Ups, or reduce volume if doing strict.
Post times and Rx to comments.
Week 4 of 8
Post work to comments.
Another one from Coach Fox and Sasha’s New Year’s Day Yoga, Mindfulness, and Intention Setting Workshop
The 2019 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge
Sunday is the last day to sign up for the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, our annual 12-week collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits. Hundreds of CFSBKers have seen real results over the years, but time is running out to climb aboard this year’s Challenge Train!
How To Participate
Complete the following steps by Sunday, January 6th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up at front desk or the CFSBK Online Store. This is a 3-month program, paid in 3 installments of $30. The first payment will be charged at registration, with the following 2 payments automatically charged each month thereafter. ($90 total plus NY sales tax)
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2019 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Capacity Test WOD and record your results.
- Track points earned daily on the spreadsheet based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by March 29th, at the end of the Challenge
- Participate in bi-monthly Virtual Classroom Sessions on Facebook Live. Each session will include a brief topical lecture followed by Q&A. They’ll be Mondays from 1:10pm until about 1:40pm on the following dates (subject to change): 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 3/18.
News and Notes
- Make an appointment with Leah, CFSBK’s on-site massage therapist, today. You’ve earned it after the holidays! Leah has new hours for 2019, which you can see HERE.
- A new cycle of Coach Ro’s Anti-Gravity Strength class starts Saturday, and there’s just one spot left. Go HERE to learn more and claim it!
- Level 1 and 2 sections of our Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class with Coach Callie start Sunday. Check out the program page for more info.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Tripod Headstand | Dumbbell Snatches, Box Jump Overs
Eight Ways to Help Newcomers Feel Welcome Morning Chalk Up
What Does “Lifting Heavy” Actually Mean? Girls Gone Strong