50 Thrusters 45#
This classic benchmark (and CFSBK Leaderboard item) should hurt a bit and is very much about how much you want to push it. Baller status for doing all the reps all unbroken. Try to keep the bar on your body for all 50 Thrusters . NO BAILING THE EMPTY BARS! If you think you’ll bail, then set up a lighter bar with bumps on it. Resting the bar on your back is allowed. You should be able to complete at least 20 thrusters unbroken when fresh at the Rx’d load, scale as needed. Scaling for for Pull-Ups today is Ring Rows. For the LFPB Challenge, note your score to compare to the re-test at the end of the challenge.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Week 4 of 8
The 2019 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Starts Tuesday
Each year at CFSBK kicks off with the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, a 12-week collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits. Hundreds of CFSBKers have seen real results over the years, but time is running out to climb aboard this year’s Challenge Train!
How To Participate
Complete the following steps by Sunday, January 6th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up at front desk or the CFSBK Online Store. This is a 3-month program, paid in 3 installments of $30. The first payment will be charged at registration, with the following 2 payments automatically charged each month thereafter. ($90 total plus NY sales tax)
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2019 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Capacity Test WOD and record your results.
- Track points earned daily on the spreadsheet based on how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by March 29th, at the end of the Challenge
- Participate in bi-monthly Virtual Classroom Sessions on Facebook Live. Each session will include a brief topical lecture followed by Q&A. They’ll be Mondays from 1:10pm until about 1:40pm on the following dates (subject to change): 1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, 3/18.
Athletes Don’t Own Their Tattoos, and That’s a Problem for Video Game Developers NY Times
Why You (and Everyone You Know) Needs Bodybuilding Athlete Daily