Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
We’re here for all your fitness needs this holiday season, but we will be running on a modified schedule on some upcoming dates. Head over to the Schedule page to find out what you can expect!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Sara Greenberg is our December Athlete of the Month. Congrats, Sara! Check out her interview with Coach Chris Fox!
2. Each year at CFSBK kicks off with the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, a 12 week challenge meant as a collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits. Go HERE to find out what the LFPB Challenge is all about and how you can participate!
3. Join Sasha Slocombe and Coach Chris Fox from 9am to 10:30am, Tuesday, January 1st and start off 2019 with intention. By developing a connection between the body and breath, you’ll be able to come back to the breath when difficult times arise whether in yoga, CrossFit, or life. Check out the event page for more info and to register.
4. Next Level Weightlifting Club with Coach Frank is cancelled all of next week, but he’s offering a make-up session this Sunday from 12pm to 2pm.
5. CFSBKer Andy Lalman’s restaurant (The Islands in Crown Heights) was featured in the New York Times‘s 10 of the Best New NYC Restaurants. Congrats, Andy!
6. In the return of our Better Know a Member series, we got to know a little more about Omar F.
7. Registration for our upcoming cycles of Starting Strength Program with Coach Jeremy opened this week, and there are still some spots left! Details are in Tuesday’s post.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Double-Unders, Run, Power Snatches
I Wish I Were My Snake Plant NY Mag
Why Winning the Whiteboard Is Wrecking Your Life Athlete Daily