Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
The 2019 Dogs of CFSBK calendar features your favorite gym mutts! All proceeds go to @pupstarzrescue, a foster rescue started by our own Robyn O’Brien . PupStarz is a non-profit, 501(c)3, no-kill, volunteer dog rescue serving New York City and the Tri-State area. The wall calendar is available for a sliding scale donation of $30-60 or more. A limited number of calendars are on their way to the gym but they are sure to run out quick. The deadline for orders is tomorrow Saturday, December 15th. Go HERE to get one
This Week at CFSBK in Review
There’s so much happening at the gym as the year comes to a close. Let’s review!
1. Each year at CFSBK kicks off with the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, a 12 week challenge meant as a collective kickstart toward healthier nutrition and recovery habits. Want to learn more? Join us for an Info Session and Q&A tomorrow, December 15th at 9am in the Annex!
2. On Tuesday, our Underneath the Hoodie series returned with a profile of the one and only Coach KHarpz. Learn all about everyone’s favorite folk-music-loving TFBA from Maryland!
3. Join Sasha Slocombe and Coach Chris Fox from 9am to 10:30am, Tuesday, January 1st and start off 2019 with intention. By developing a connection between the body and breath, you’ll be able to come back to the breath when difficult times arise whether in yoga, CrossFit, or life. Check out the event page for more info and to register.
4. Give a creative and unique music gift to someone special, or treat yourself, with music lessons from Brooklyn Music Factory (right across the street at 600 Degraw). CFSBK members can use the code CROSSFIT25 to take $25 off tuition or lesson packages for new members. Enroll by December 21st. Gift certificates available!
5. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle this Sunday, December 16th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering. Get ready for some massive PRs!
6. Pilates is cancelled this Sunday, December 16th.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Row, Snatch
The Truth About Foam Rolling Breaking Muscle
How Victorians’ Fear of Starvation Created Our Christmas Lore JSTOR Daily