Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
View this post on Instagram
Toni with a new 1RM Lynsey Press. Keep an eye out for her inevitable Keith Press!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. On Monday, we told you about CFSBKer Saul Melman’s interview with the writer A.M. Homes in Bomb magazine, which focuses on the relationship between his two professions (doctor and artist). It’s a terrific read!
2. Got something of note going on in your life? Let us know! We want to hear about your promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns, and small government coup d’états, or you can just share interesting links. We also always love hearing about any CrossFit/athletic-related goals and accomplishments. Send awesomeness to Josh [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com.
3. Happy 80th birthday to the matriarch of CFSBK, the one and only Constance! “CT” is an inspiration and role model for us all.
4. Do you subscribe to our newsletter? Please do to get monthly updates on general gym happenings, blog highlights, and programming info! Our winter edition, which will feature a message from Captain Osorio himself, will be out next week. Sign up HERE or via the link on the sidebar to the right.
5. On Wednesday, we got to know sometimes Wicked Witch and sometimes front desker Carla S. (aka “Sticks”) in a new installment of our Behind the Desk series.
6. Join Stacey C. for a women’s yoga retreat in the Catskills from February 1st to February 3rd! For more details and teacher bios click this link, check out the evite, or contact Stacey at staceylcerv [at] gmail.com.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Power Clean and Push Jerk | Tabata Burpees and Box Jumps
Using Your Words As a CrossFit Coach Beyond the Whiteboard
Why You Have “Tight” Hips and What to Do About Them Girls Gone Strong