Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule. In today’s CrossFit group classes, you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming, which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post.
Amanda getting her first tattoo at last year’s CFSBK Art Show. If you want to get tatted up this year, there are still spots left on Jim Gentry’s waitlist. Go here to sign up!
1. So yeah, our 5th Art show is tomorrow night! Be sure to swing by the gym from 7 to 10pm for tons of great art and live performances.
2. Want to explore the world of rings? Join guest gymnastics Coach Ken Haller as he takes you through 4 weeks of gymnastics strength training! This 1.5 hour long class starts Thursday, November 29th and will incorporate different facets of body weight strength training and movement. Go HERE to register.
3. Anise F., has an article up on Women’s Strength Coalition entitled “Residence in the Body: Physical Strength in Pursuit of Artistry,” and it’s about the relationship between her strength training at CFSBK and her artistic practice. It’s a great read!
4. Join Stacey C. for a women’s yoga retreat in the Catskills from February 1st to February 3rd! For more details and teacher bios click this link, check out the evite, or contact Stacey at staceylcerv [at] gmail.com.
5. Missing something? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim your stuff at the front desk before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks.
6. Make an appointment with Leah, CFSBK’s on-site massage therapist, today. You’ve earned it!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Power Clean / Handstand Push-Ups | Toes-to-Bars
You Coach Like a Girl CrossFit Journal
Why Don’t We Forget How to Ride a Bike? Scientific American