Hang Power Clean
Warm up and work up to a heavy triple Hang Power Clean. Focus on keeping loose arms through the pull, and even though these are Power Cleans today, still focus on dropping under the bar with good footwork, especially as it gets heavy.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 3 of 8
3 Rounds for Time:
25 Thrusters 75/55
The barbell should be on the light side for you, unbroken on the top end. No where to hide today unless you dip into Brooklyn Boulders on the runs. 🙂
Post time and Rx to comments.
Can you do this? If yes, nicely done! If no, sign up for our upcoming workshop with the one and only Buddy Lee
CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope at CFSBK
Want to get better on the rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts. The workshop features longtime CrossFit proponent and 1992 U.S. Olympian Buddy Lee, who is widely recognized as one of the world’s foremost jump-rope authorities. Participants will leave the workshop with clear paths to elusive jump-rope skills such as double-unders, triple-unders and more.
The CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope teaches participants how to:
- Use optimal biomechanics for jump-rope mastery.
- Properly set up jump-rope equipment.
- Correctly adjust the jump rope for optimal results.
- Use progressions that form the base of jump-rope techniques: basic jumping, speed jumping, power jumping (double-/triple-unders).
- Use visualization, imagery, breathing and relaxation techniques in combination with dynamic jump-rope path patterns (forward, backward, sideways, crossover, infinity).
- Program various jump-rope techniques into CrossFit workouts—beyond single-/double-/triple-unders.
What are you waiting for?
News and Notes
- Sick of medical bills, co-pays, deductibles, and rising health insurance premiums? This Saturday, October 27th from 7 to 9pm, CFSBK will screen Fix It: Healthcare at the Tipping Point. This 22-minute documentary takes an in-depth look at our dysfunctional for-profit healthcare system and shows how moving to a universal, single-payer system might impact you as a patient, a provider, or a business. Check out the event page for more details!
- Afternoon sessions of our Next Level Weightlifting Class with Coach Frank (Wednesdays and Fridays at noon) are cancelled until December. You can still get your Oly on on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday nights! Head over to the NLWC program page to learn more about this awesome class offering.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Back Squat / Front Squat | Burpee Box Jump Overs, Deadlifts, Bar Muscle-Ups
You Don’t Have to Be Old and Broken CrossFit Journal
Don’t Think of It as a Diet Breaking Muscle