Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t worry! We are open and running on a normal class schedule, but you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming (which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post). We recently explained why we program Rest Days twice a week and how you can get the most out of them.
JOIN THE REVOLUTION: Today is the very last day to register for Fight Gone Bad 2018. Costumes. Teams. Community Building. Fundraising for a great cause. What’s not to like? We need your help to meet our $20,000 goal, which will benefit Brooklyn Community Foundation. Grab your musket and powdered wig and go HERE to join our ranks
This week at CFSBK in Review
1. Monday’s Fundraising 101: Flex Your Fundraising Muscles talk with Jen B. and Kate T. has been bumped back half an hour to 8pm this Monday. Check out the event page for more info and a quick vid of Jen and Kate introducing themselves and explaining what you’ll get out of the workshop!
2. On Saturday, October 27th from 7 to 9pm, CFSBK will screen Fix It: Healthcare at the Tipping Point. This 22-minute documentary takes an in-depth look at our dysfunctional for-profit healthcare system and shows how moving to a universal, single-payer system might impact you as a patient, a provider, or a business. Come learn why CrossFit South Brooklyn and hundreds of other businesses, freelancers, doctors, and other New Yorkers support the New York Health Act.
3. Missing something? Maybe a water bottle (lots of those!), lifters, or some knee sleeves? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! Be sure to claim your stuff before we donate it to CHIPs in a couple of weeks.
4. Get out of pain, stay out of pain, strengthen your weaknesses, and improve mobility and movement patterns, all while getting stronger! An evening edition of Coach Keith’s popular Active Life Strength class starts October 15th, and registration opened this week. Check out Tuesday’s post for details!
5. This fall you can look forward to new installments of our Behind the Desk series, about our beloved and much appreciated front desk staff. Yesterday, we got to know former triathlete and current Deadlift lover Rachel C.!
6. Tomorrow’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class is cancelled.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Row, Dumbell Thrusters
Why Everyone Hates This “Fit After 50” Article BarBend
Why Can’t I Stop Watching These Soap Cutting Videos? NY Mag