Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t fret! We are still open, of course, and running on a normal class schedule, but you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming (which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post). We recently explained why we program Rest Days twice a week and how you can get the most of of them.
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. The 2018 Subway Series starts right here at CFSBK this Sunday, September 9th at 12pm. Come out and cheer for your fellow CFSBKers as we defend our home turf!
2. We’re running on a modified schedule that day. You can find that schedule right here.
3. We’re still on the hunt for volunteers to help out with set up/break down, judging, and scorekeeping. It’s a great way to get involved and make some new gym buds, even if you don’t want to compete. Email David [at] Email David [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you’re interested. We really need your help!
4. Want to get better at Olympic lifting? We recently added 2 additional Next Level Weightlifting Club classes from 12 to 1:30pm on Wednesdays and Fridays, and today’s class is free. There’s no need to register beforehand. Just show up and get your Oly on!
5. A new cycle Coach Arturo‘s critically acclaimed Anti-Gravity Strength class starts tomorrow, and there’s just one spot left. Better grab it!
6. Want to explore the world of rings? No, not the hobbit thing. Join guest gymnastics Coach Ken Haller as he takes you through 5 weeks of gymnastics strength training starting Thursday, September 9th. This 1.5 hour long class will incorporate different facets of body weight strength training and movement. Check out Wednesday’s post for more info!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Toes-to-Bars, Burpee Box Jumps
Split Jerk, Power Jerk & Squat Jerk: Why & Who? Catalyst Athletics
Whale-Watching in New York City The Outline