Saul M. and his daughter repping our CrossFit Kids program while kitesurfing in Malpeque, Prince Edward Island, Canada
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t fret! We are still open, of course, and running on a normal class schedule, but you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming (which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post).
2. Struggling with your Pull-Ups? Stuck at the bottom of your Handstand Push-Up? A new cycle Coach Arturo‘s critically acclaimed Anti-Gravity Strength class starts on September 8th, and there’s just one spot left. Who wants it? Go here to grab it!
3. In another super useful video, Coach David talks us through shoulder position in the Dip—what a good Dip looks like and how it’s surprisingly similar to the good old Squat. Put it into effect next time Dips are on the menu!
4. Save the date! Fight Gone Bad, our annual workout/fundraiser/costume party/all-around-fun day, goes down on Saturday, October 20th, 2018. You won’t wanna miss it! Head over to the event page for details.
5. Want to get better on the ol’ jump rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts.
6. Another year has gone by, and it’s time once again for an NYC affiliate throw down: the 8th annual NYC Subway Series! All NYC affiliates are invited to participate—the affiliate with the best overall score at the end of four events wins the Subway Series Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year. This year the action kicks off right here at CFSBK on September 9th! We’re looking for volunteers to help out with set up/break down, judging, and scorekeeping on the day of the event. Email David [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you’re interested!
7. We’ll be running on a modified schedule this Monday, September 3rd for Labor Day, but there will still be plenty of chances to get your fitness on! Head over to the Schedule page to find out what you can expect!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Front Squats, Handstand Push-Ups
What Is An EMOM Workout? And Why Is It Effective? BarBend
You Cannot Escape Jet Lag, Only Embrace It The Outline