TONIGHT: We’re hosting a ping pong night for CFSBKers at Ocean’s 8 (at Flatbush and 7th, a short walk from the gym). The fun starts at 7pm and will likely continue until everyone is pinged and/or ponged out. Ocean’s 8 has a full menu of food and drinks for purchase. Bring friends!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Today is a scheduled rest/recovery day, but don’t fret! We are still open, of course, and running on a normal class schedule, but you’ll have the option of doing either yesterday or tomorrow’s programming (which can be found in the comments section of today and every Rest Day’s post). On Tuesday, we explained why we program Rest Days twice a week and how you can get the most of of them.
2. Save the date! Fight Gone Bad, our annual workout/fundraiser/costume party/all-around-fun day, goes down on Saturday, October 20th, 2018. You won’t wanna miss it! Head over to the event page for details.
3. Another year has gone by, and it’s time once again for an NYC affiliate throw down: the 8th annual NYC Subway Series! All NYC affiliates are invited to participate—the affiliate with the best overall score at the end of four events wins the Subway Series Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year. This year the action kicks off right here at CFSBK on September 9th!
4. Want to get better on the ol’ jump rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts.
5. A new cycle of our Level 2 Brazilian Jiu Jitsu class with Callie Brennan starts this Sunday, and there are still some spots left. Go to Wednesday’s post for more info!
6. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle this Sunday, August 26th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Run, Bear Crawls
The Race to Build a Better Bee JSTOR Daily
4 Cues to Lose Athlete Daily