When your boss wants to take a pic with you
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. We will be kicking off Katie Egan’s final week in Brooklyn tomorrow night starting at 6pm. The theme: a Wigging Out for the West Coast bar crawl! Cover your cranium with any sort of wig that is colorful, crazy, or colonial. Wacky attire is encouraged. We’ll be starting at Pig Beach at 6pm and hitting all of Katie’s favorite watering holes throughout borough.
2. On Friday, August 24th, we’re hosting a ping pong night for CFSBKers at Ocean’s 8 (at Flatbush and 7th, a short walk from the gym). The fun starts at 7pm and will likely continue until everyone is pinged and/or ponged out. Ocean’s 8 has a full menu of food and drinks for purchase. Bring friends!
3. Want to get better on the ol’ jump rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts.
4. Good news for your aching muscles! We’re very happy to announce that we’re now offering massage therapy with Leah DeCesare, LMT! See Wednesday’s post for all the details and to book some sessions.
5. Another year has gone by, and it’s time once again for an NYC affiliate throw down: the 8th annual NYC Subway Series! All NYC affiliates are invited to participate—the affiliate with the best overall score at the end of four events wins the Subway Series Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year. This year the action kicks off right here at CFSBK on September 9th!
6. We are organizing teams for Flex on the Beach, which goes down Saturday, September 15th in Long Beach. Early Bird pricing ends August 26th, so now is the time to sign up. This is a co-ed competition for teams of 4 (2M/2F) with Rx, Scaled and Masters divisions. Just add your details here and we’ll try to get you on a team for this fun event!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Wall Balls, Double-Unders
A Brief History of the Tube Sock Smithsonian
Leave the Gym Stiff, Come Back Stiff Breaking Muscle
A) AMRAP 8 Minutes:
12 Russian Kettlebell Swings 32/24kg
Rest 4 minutes, then…
B) AMRAP 8 Minutes:
12 Box Jumps 24/20″
2 Ring Muscle-Ups
Sub 4 Ring Dips or 8 Push-Ups for Muscle-Ups as needed.
Rest 4 minutes, then…
C) AMRAP 8 Minutes:
Row/Bike for Cals
Post rounds, reps, and Rx for each metcon to comments.
7am w/ Katie doing Thursday
Hang power snatches: 62×3, 67×3, 72×3, 77x3x2. These were ok!
WOD: 10:28 RX wall balls + doubles, subbed rowing for running. Unfortunately couldn’t manage all the wall balls unbroken…just not in that kind of cardio shape right now! Did 15-15 for the first round and 10-10 for the second. Breaks were a little longer than they should have been overall, but it still felt good to go fast and get my heart rate up. DUs felt smooth! Fun workout.
Brian Mooooore says
Thursday with KH.
Snatches were ok at 95#. Struggled to “get tall” and keep the bar path from bumping out.
Rx’d. Felt not as bad as I expected! But definitely couldn’t do all the wall balls unbroken. Double unders were fun, but also not unbroken. 11:15-or-something.
Shawn Campbell says
8 am with Whit
Snatches were mostly at 58, went 63 for a couple 3s but back down to 53 to work on extension and then that split second between full extension and dropping under. Does that give anyone else trouble?
The WOD was made of the stuff that kills me and my spirit but I kept a good attitude running; lightish and low on the wall balls 12# to 8″ and went 20-5-5; and 10-5-5; then 10. Halved the doubles. Felt OK getting 30 done 3-4 and even sometimes 5 at a time. Had big trouble getting 20 so went to 30 singles for the final round. Leaning forward in the run as per Whitney’s cue helped me go. 12:04 = 10 mins. of work and 2 mins bent with my hands on knees.