This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. We will be kicking off Katie Egan’s final week in Brooklyn tomorrow night starting at 6pm. The theme: a Wigging Out for the West Coast bar crawl! Cover your cranium with any sort of wig that is colorful, crazy, or colonial. Wacky attire is encouraged. We’ll be starting at Pig Beach at 6pm and hitting all of Katie’s favorite watering holes throughout borough.
2. On Friday, August 24th, we’re hosting a ping pong night for CFSBKers at Ocean’s 8 (at Flatbush and 7th, a short walk from the gym). The fun starts at 7pm and will likely continue until everyone is pinged and/or ponged out. Ocean’s 8 has a full menu of food and drinks for purchase. Bring friends!
3. Want to get better on the ol’ jump rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts.
4. Good news for your aching muscles! We’re very happy to announce that we’re now offering massage therapy with Leah DeCesare, LMT! See Wednesday’s post for all the details and to book some sessions.
5. Another year has gone by, and it’s time once again for an NYC affiliate throw down: the 8th annual NYC Subway Series! All NYC affiliates are invited to participate—the affiliate with the best overall score at the end of four events wins the Subway Series Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year. This year the action kicks off right here at CFSBK on September 9th!
6. We are organizing teams for Flex on the Beach, which goes down Saturday, September 15th in Long Beach. Early Bird pricing ends August 26th, so now is the time to sign up. This is a co-ed competition for teams of 4 (2M/2F) with Rx, Scaled and Masters divisions. Just add your details here and we’ll try to get you on a team for this fun event!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Wall Balls, Double-Unders
A Brief History of the Tube Sock Smithsonian
Leave the Gym Stiff, Come Back Stiff Breaking Muscle