Congrats to Coach Frank, who took home the gold medal in his weight class at last weekend’s USA Weightlifting American Open Series 2! Frank will now begin training to compete in the 89kg weight class at Series 3 in Las Vegas
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Come out tonight during Open Gym for our first-ever cornhole tournament. It’s super fun and easy to learn. The games begin at 6:30pm!
2. ALSO, we’ll be showing the final events of the CrossFit Games on our big screen at 597 during Open Gym hours (6 to 8pm) on Sunday night. Predictions for the top 3 women and men?
3. CFSBK’s resident anthropologist Katie H. is shipping out to India and Australia to find out more about their CrossFit cultures. On Monday, she told us about that work and what she hopes to learn overseas. It’s a great read!
4. This is our last Crush Week for the foreseeable future. Some of you will cheer. Some of you will cry. Some of you will cheer and cry. On Tuesday, Coach Fox explained the reasoning behind this decision and told us how CFSBK’s programming will and will not change.
5. Want to get better on the ol’ jump rope? On November 3rd, we’re hosting the CrossFit Workshop: Jump Rope. This is a hands-on, fast-paced, fun seminar at which participants learn how to use a simple and effective tool to energize their programming and workouts.
6. Our beloved, longtime Pilates teacher KH is leaving to open her own Pilates studio in Manhattan, but that doesn’t mean we’ll stop offering Pilates! Starting August 12th, Pilates will move to Sundays at 12pm and will be coached by Karina S.
Yesterday’s Results Board: “DT” in a Boat
Poverty Isn’t a Lack of Character; It’s a Lack of Cash TED (video)
Obese to Beast CrossFit Journal (video)