In teams of 2 with one partner working at a time, alternating movements…
AMRAP 30 Minutes:
21 Wall Balls 20/10, 14/9
15 Box Jumps 24/20
Scale load and/or movements to be able to move pretty consistently through each round. Shorten the run if needed, use a lighter ball to a lower target and a lower box as needed, and scale range of motion on the Toes-to-Bars as needed.
Post rounds, reps, Rx, and partner to comments.
CrossFit Strongman Specialty Course: Register Now!
On Sunday, August 26th, CFSBK will host a CrossFit Strongman Specialty Course seminar.
This one-day course is for athletes and coaches who want become more proficient with strongman movements. The typical strongman competition consists of five events in one day, and each event is less than 60 seconds. This is a perfect – and fun – way for CrossFitters to increase strength without using a barbell. Because of the often-awkward size, shape and consistency of the objects in strongman, the lifts tend to have less efficiency than those done with a barbell. These loads challenges the neuromuscular system in a way a barbell cannot and better mimic challenges found outside the gym. Participants learn to lift Atlas stones, carry a yoke and farmers handles, flip tires, and clean and press odd objects such as a log, keg, anvil or stone at their relative level of strength. Additional topics discussed include how to incorporate these movements into CrossFit workouts.
The Strongman Course teaches participants:
- Safe, proper and efficient movement using strongman objects
- How to coach strongman movements
- How to incorporate Strongman training methodology and programming
News and Notes
- We’ll be showing the World Cup final between Croatia and France this Sunday at 11am on our big screen at 597. Bring food, beverages, and friends!
- Need some weekend reading? Check out our Articles & Media section, which features years of fitness knowledge, healthy recipes, and community content!
- Tomorrow’s 11am CrossFit Kids class is cancelled.