This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. No surprise: The 2018 Iron Maidens Raw Open was a huge success! Iron Maidens competitors raised over $27,000 to fund the Stay Strong Scholarship, which will continue to send students from Grace Outreach to college. You can find the full results from the day in Tuesday’s post.
3. The Bench is back! Just in time for Swole Season, our new 8-week training cycle started this week. See Monday’s post to find out what you can expect in group classes over the next couple of months.
4. Coach Fox’s client Adam B. recently opened Ahimsa Piercing Studio, Fine Jewelry & Medical Aesthetics at 296 Smith St. in Cobble Hill. Mention CFSBK and receive 10% off any jewelry!
5. Hey, good news: We’ve pushed back the start date of our BJJ Fundamentals class to give you some more time to sign up! Fundamentals is your jiu-jitsu starter pack. This 4-week course is geared towards anyone intrigued by BJJ but unsure where to begin, anyone who wants to become better acquainted with dynamic movement on the ground, and anyone who could use a review to jump back into it. Go here for more info and to register!
6. Missing something? Maybe a hat, a jumprope, several sweatshirts, or half a dozen water bottles? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump. Be sure to claim your stuff at the front desk before we donate it to CHIPS in a couple of weeks!
7. “After a working with Jeremy for a while I came to really trust that he knew my abilities, which has really helped me be more confident, especially when things get really heavy.” On Thursday, we brought you another installment of Humans of Starting Strength. This week David L. helped us get to know the program a little better!
8. Tomorrow’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled.