Coach Katie grinds away on an Assault Bike. Now that we have more air bikes, what do you think about the Assault Bike versus the Rogue Echo Bike? What is your preference? Tell us in the comments!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. The Iron Maidens Raw Open, a women-only powerlifting meet slated for Saturday, June 2nd, is one of our most anticipated events of the year. This year, our goal is to raise $40,000 to continue supporting students at Grace Outreach. Right now we’re at $3,283 raised. Can you help us get there? Show some love by donating to your favorite lifter(s) through the 2018 Crowdrise campaign here!
2. Next Saturday, May 5th, CFSBK will host an afternoon of friendly Spikeball de Mayo competition. Haven’t played before? Don’t worry! It’s pretty simple. All are invited! Head over to the event page to learn more about Spikeball and to sign up…
3. On Wednesday we debuted a nifty new site feature: the Exercise Demo Library! This video library lists the primary exercises used in CFSBK’s CrossFit group classes and is accessible under Member Resources (to the right on a desktop computer or at the bottom if you’re on a mobile browser). If you’re new to CrossFit, it can be especially helpful to review the exercises we’ll be using in class each day before getting coached on them in class. And even veteran CrossFitters can use a refresher now and then.
4. “Earlier in my career I didn’t even know what ‘the process’ was, but I knew I didn’t like it. It means working on weaknesses.” That’s Coach Brett writing for our buds at Beyond the Whiteboard. Add “Trusting the Process” to your list of weekend reads!
5. Coach Jeremy’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle this Sunday, April 29th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Thrusters, Row, Burpees
Your Immune System Is In Charge of How Quickly You Age The Outline
Strongman Eddie Hall Sets a New 100 Meter SkiErg World Record BarBend