Our CrossFit Kids might all be stuck against the wall in Mario Kart, but in about 10 years, Coach David will have a team of eSports stallions | Photo by Ben S. (Thanks, Ben!)
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. We’ve added another Short Circuit class on Saturdays at 10am. Check it out tomorrow!
2. For the 3rd year in a row, Iron Maidens lifters will raise funds for the Stay Strong Scholarship, which supports students at the Bronx-based nonprofit Grace Outreach. On Monday, we told you all about this awesome scholarship. Show some love by donating to your favorite lifter(s) through the 2018 Crowdrise campaign here.
3. The big highlight of this week on the blog was definitely “The Long Haul,” a 2-part series on Coach Whit’s reflections on her 6th year of competing in the Open. In case you missed them, read Part I andPart II!
4. Missing something? It might be in our most recent lost and found dump! You can also now see photos of our lost and found clear outs via the link under Member Resources. Be sure to claim your stuff at the front desk before we donate it to CHIPS!
5. On Saturday, May 5th, CFSBK will host an afternoon of friendly Spikeball-de-Mayo competition. Haven’t played before? Don’t worry! It’s pretty simple. All are invited! Head over to the event page to learn more Spikeball and to sign up…
6. Abbotsford Road Coffee (right around the corner on Sackett between 3rd and Nevins) is offering CFSBK members and employees a free upsize (e.g., a large for the price of a small) on their excellent coffee! Just show your membership scan card at the register. (You do have a scan card, don’t you?)
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Front Squats, Double-Unders
To Slash Your Risk of Heard Disease, Keep Moving NY Times
3 Situations When You Shouldn’t Push Through Pain Girls Gone Strong