Photos from the 5th and final Friday Night Lights of the year are now up on Flickr!
Barbell Medicine Seminar at CFSBK
Join Drs. Baraki and Feigenbaum for the Barbell Medicine seminar at CFSBK on July 28th and 29th. The Barbell Medicine seminar attempts to integrate modern medicine with legitimate strength and conditioning to provide the background knowledge, coaching strategies, nutrition and lifestyle modifications, and personal form corrections needed to work with folks who may have common health issues.
Our lectures revolve around the most common health issues seen in both primary care by clinicians and in the gym by coaches. We’ll cover the background epidemiology, pathophysiology, and available treatments including training, nutrition, and lifestyle modification so that the attendee is armed with an arsenal of information to put into immediate practice. Lecture topics include:
- Exercise Screening and Prescription
- Obesity, Insulin Resistance, and Diabetes
- High Blood Pressure
- Nutrition and Supplementation Prescription
- Programming for Strength and Conditioning
- Low Back Pain
- Testosterone and Endocrine Abnormalities
Practical On-the-Platform Sessions consist of real-time coaching and lifting practice by the seminar attendee with feedback from our coaching staff. The ratio of attendees to coaches is 6:1 so you’ll definitely get enough personalized attention.
The sessions include:
- Bench Press
This seminar is directed at anyone to increase their knowledge base on common health issues, available interventions, lifting technique, and core strength and conditioning practices.
Spots are limited! Sign up today!
News and Notes
- Intramural team captains: Don’t forget to submit your team’s scores to the spreadsheet today!
- Please get your Post-Challenge Submissions to us no later than this Wednesday, March 28th.
- In case you missed the announcement, the farewell party/drinks for Coach Melo, Alex, and Lily will be this Saturday at 4pm at Pig Beach on Union St. All are welcomed!
- The 2018 Open is over! The Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge is over! Did you participate in either or maybe even both (you maniac)? Tell us about your experience in the comments!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Press | “Jackie”
Why You Should Use Both Low and High Bar Squats in Your Training BarBend
The Key to Good Luck Is an Open Mind Nautilus