21-15-9 Deadlifts 225/155
The Deadlift weight should be medium-heavy for you, and completed in 1-3 sets. Scale load as needed. For most athletes, however, this benchmark is more about the Handstand Push-Ups. To Rx this workout, you should be able to complete sets of 6-10 reps or more when fresh. If you can not complete at least 6 Handstand Push-Ups in a row, then scale volume or to heavy Dumbbell Push Presses instead. If doing the Dumbbell Push Presses, choose a challenging load that allows you complete sets of 6-10 reps or more.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Saturday, February 3rd: CFSBK Community Potluck
We’re excited to get everyone in house to break bacon and socialize together outside of classes. This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together. The fun starts at 7pm! This event is open to everyone and all are encouraged to come.
Your dish doesn’t have to be paleo, but please try and keep the ingredients of your dish to within the guidelines of the Challenge… animal and vegetable proteins, veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, starches, legumes, whole grains, and dairy are all good to go. We’ll vote on the top 3 dishes, so bring your best recipe! You may, of course, opt to bring a healthy dessert that limits the use of sugars and refined grains.
- The gym will provide some alcohol, but feel free to bring whatever else you’d like. If you’re not drinking booze and want to bring a drink, seltzer is great, too!
- If your food needs to be kept warm, you’ll need to provide your own crockpot or other method for keeping it at serving temperature. We’ve got surge protectors and extension cords.
- We’ll provide notecards so you can label your dish and list its ingredients.
- When you leave please take everything you brought with you. Do not leave any pots, pans, Tupperware, utensils, etc. They will be discarded that night.
- There will be a raffle for one free personal training session with Captain Osorio himself!
- THERE WILL ALSO BE A BOUNCE HOUSE. Bring your kiddos!
- If you’d like to help out (and haven’t already been contacted) we’ll need some hands on deck putting everything away afterwards. If you stay until the end, we’d greatly appreciate some help cleaning up!
- We also need some volunteers to help set up before and clean up afterwards. To help set up, arrive by 6:30 PM! E-mail our Events Coordinator Danae M. at events [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com to let her know you’re available.
- Let us know what you’re bringing by posting in the comments section of the event page!
We can’t wait to see you there!
News and Notes
- Starting tomorrow, CFSBK will be offering Jiu Jitsu Open Mat hours with Callie Brennan on Tuesdays from 4 to 6pm! Jiu Jitsu Open Mat (accessible with a specialty-class punchcard) is a supplemental and informal training session for current students and practitioners with at least a fundamental knowledge of jiu jitsu. This is an opportunity to drill technique and spar with other practitioners on the mat and clarify any questions you may have about your training.
- Also, don’t forget that we’re now offering a second Strong Fit class on Tuesdays at 6:30pm. This is a great opportunity to play with sandbags, the yoke, and other fun stuff!
- How did test week go? Tell us about your PRs and other triumphs in the commens!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean and Jerk | Row, Thrusters, Muscle-Ups
Exposure to Nature Promotes a More Positive Body Image Pacific Standard
How America’s Olympic Freestyle Ski Team Gets So Strong BarBend