ASK A COACH: How do you pick up a sandbag? This is how you pick up a sandbag. Want more sandbags in your life? Starting January 2nd, we’re replacing Tuesday’s 6:30pm Active Recovery class with another Strong Fit class. Strong Fit, an unconventional strength class that involves lifting heavy things often, will now meet Saturday mornings a 8am and Tuesday nights at 6:30pm!
The 2018 Look, Feel, Perform Better Challenge Checklist
Have you signed up for the Look, Feel Perform Better Challenge yet? It’s one of our biggest and best community events of the year, and it starts this Monday! By participating in the Challenge, you’ll get daily accountability alongside fellow CFSBKers and the support of the coaching staff. Learn how to make nutrition work for you, and maybe also get some abs in time for beach season. Complete the following steps by January 5th in order to participate and be eligible for prizes:
- Sign your name on the big list in the community area of the gym.
- Sign up for payment ($30 per month for the three-month program) at the front desk or in the online store.
- Answer a few brief questions and submit your “before” photos according to the guidelines on the Look, Feel, Perform Better website. These entries are private will not be published or seen by anyone other than us without your consent. You can access the 2018 LFPB Challenge Entry Form HERE.
- Perform the Test WOD (date to be announced) and record your results.
- Enter points earned daily on the spreadsheet to track how well you’re complying with the guidelines.
- Complete your Post-Challenge submission by 3/28/18 at the end of the challenge.
- Optional: Attend the bi-monthly LFPB Q&A Info Sessions on Sundays at 1pm in the Annex at CFSBK. Each one will have a brief topical lecture followed by a Q&A. (1/7, 1/21, 2/4, 2/18, 3/4, and 3/18).
Save the date for the CFSBK Community Potluck on February 3rd! This event will simultaneously kick off the new year, support the LFPB Challenge, and bring folks from all times and corners of the gym together.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Deadlifts, Pull-Ups
Good Nutrition with a Family Girls Gone Strong
Exercise, Add Intensity, Live to See Another Year NY Times