Establish a new 1 or 3RM Back Squat. If you’re newer, then go for the 3RM. No tempo. The movement standards are as follows:
- Begin the lift with both knees and hips fully extended.
- Squat down to full depth, until the hip crease passes below the top of the patella.
- Return to fully standing in one motion (though it may be slow!).
- Feet must remain planted throughout the lift.
- If you fail, STAY WITH YOUR BAR and do not bail it on the spotters. Your spotters will help you stand and guide the bar back into the rack.
Post loads to comments.
50-40-30-20-10 Double Unders
Scale the Dubs to Singles as needed. The goal is a quick metcon with minimal rest.
Post time and Rx to comments.
“Spiderman, Spiderman, / Owns a gym called South Brooklyn.” Check out more Fight Gone Bad action shots by Thomas H. and Robert C. right here. | Photo by Robert C.
Train with an Olympian: Sign Up for the CRASH-B World Indoor Rowing Championship!
Do you hate and fear workouts that involve rowing? Do you secretly love them but don’t want to admit it? Either way, you have a good reason to train for the CRASH-B World Indoor Rowing Championship! Olympian Coach Nick will prepare participants in the months leading up to race day, which is February 25th, in Boston. The first technique clinic will take place this Saturday, November 11th from 4 to 6pm.
- The events at CRASH-Bs are individual
- You don’t have to be a CFSBK member to participate—so tell your non-SBK friends! (If you have any!)
- The group will get together for three technique clinics (each of which will conclude with a workout) and three or four races
- Participants will do the workouts on their own
- Nick will provide programming and support—including video analysis of your technique—throughout the program
- Anyone can join—there is no minimum performance requirement
Full Payment Up Front:
- Member Rate: $360 with discount code
- Non-Member Rate: $450
Three Monthly Installments:
- Member Rate: $134.40 per installment* ($403.20 total)
- Non-Member Rate: $168 per installment* ($504 total)
(Members, please contact the front desk for the discount code.)
See the CRASH-Bs event page for the full schedule of technique clinics and events!
We’re hosting the CrossFit Level 1 Certificate Seminar this weekend, which means we’ll have to cancel a few classes. On Saturday, November 11th the following classes are cancelled: 8am group class, 9am group class, and AG Strength. On Sunday, November 12th, these classes are cancelled: 8am group class, 10am CrossFit Preschool, 11am CrossFit Kids, 11am Active Recovery.