Establish a new 1 or 3RM Press. If you’re newer, then go for the 3RM (no tempo). The movement standards are as follows:
- Feet may not move and must stay flat throughout the lift.
- Knees must remain fully extended and locked out.
- A small lay back is permissible, but must not be excessive.
- Barbell must finish over the shoulder blades and mid-line of the body.
Establish a new 1 or 3RM Deadlift. Conventional or Sumo, lifter’s choice. Control the barbell back to the floor after the rep. If you’re newer, then go for the 3RM. The 3RM may be touch-and-go (no tempo). The movement standards are as follows:
- Neutral spine throughout
- No “hitching” or “ramping”
- Finish with knees and hips fully locked out and shoulders behind the bar.
Warm up and test your Press, followed by a Deadlift test. NOT a superset today.
Post loads to comments.
Tabata Mash Up:
Post work to comments.
Congrats to Hallowed By Thy Gains on winning the Fight Gone Bad Spirit Award amid stiff competition! Check out more of Thomas H.’s awesome photos from the day on our Flickr account
Results from Fight Gone Bad 2017
Top 10 Teams
- Pirates of the Farmers Carrybbean (1,746 reps)
- 20″ Box Jump Street (1,714 reps)
- A Team Has No Name (1,700 reps)
- Ziggy WODdust and the Squatters from Mars (1,674 reps)
- The Snatchelorettes (1,649 reps)
- Superheroes Gone Bad (1,647 reps)
- Gowanus Mud Carp (1,627 reps)
- Night of the Living Deadlift (1, 597 reps)
- Count AMRAPula (1,544 reps)
- Los SuperWODels (1,535 reps)
Top 10 Women
- Katie E. (365 reps)
- Coach Jess (361 reps)
- Coach MeLo (359 reps)
- Kayleigh R. (356 reps)
- Morgan N. (354 reps)
- Coach Whit (353 reps)
- Toni S. (338 reps)
- Coach JB (330 reps)
- Erika M. (328 reps)
- Allie C. (320 reps)
Top 10 Men
- Brad L. (350 reps)
- James A. (341 reps)
- Matt E. (337 reps)
- Dan L. (332 reps)
- Pierre D. (319 reps)
- Gregory C. (319 reps)
- Chas C. (316 reps)
- Michael A. (312 reps)
- Jonathan W. (310 reps)
- Bob S. (307 reps)
VIEW ALL SCORING RESULTS HERE.
Top 10 Fundraising Individuals
- Charles S. ($2,775)
- Coach David ($1,460)
- Katherine D. ($1,350)
- Dana B. ($1,218)
- Scott M. ($1,170)
- Lizzie D. ($1,089)
- Allie C. ($1,050)
- Patrick S. ($875)
- Mary M. ($715)
- Kate T. ($625)
Top 10 Fundraising Teams
- Superheroes Gone Bad ($4,448)
- Foam Roller Derby ($3,000)
- Ziggy WODdust and the Squatters from Mars ($2,829)
- Hallowed By Gainz ($1,840)
- WOD Happened: A Memoir ($1,240)
- The Snatchelorettes ($1,075)
- Saturday Nite Squatz ($1,050)
- Ruth Badder Gunsburg ($1,045)
- A Team Has No Name ($922)
- Dan Evans Hates Us ($825)
VIEW ALL FUNDRAISING RESULTS HERE.
This year we raised a total of $21,619 for Brooklyn Community Foundation. We’re so proud of you guys and all of your hard work! You rule. Thanks to everyone who organized, judged, fundraised, competed, or otherwise pitched in in any small way. And a huge thanks to Brooklyn Community Foundation for being such a wonderful organization. There’s still time to donate if you have had the chance!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Run, KB Swings, T2Bs
Overweight? You Need to Read This CrossFit Journal
The Five Artists Will Help You Better Understand American Immigration Smithsonian