This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. With just 10 days to go until the main event, we’re currently at just over $10,000 raised for Brooklyn Community Foundation, which is 42% of our $25,000 goal. Yesterday we provided a template for a last-minute email you can send to your friends, family, and coworkers. Can we get to 50% by the end of the day? Let’s do it!
2. The 4th and final event of this year’s Subway Series goes down tomorrow at CrossFit Virtuosity. See our event page for details, and if you’re looking for something fun to do, head up to Williamsburg and cheer for our CFSBK athletes!
3. Want to learn from the best and train for the CRASH-B World Indoor Rowing Championship? Olympian Coach Nick (whose boat just won the men’s 40+ at the Head of the Charles!) will prepare participants in the months leading up to race day, which is February 25th, in Boston. Come to Coach Nick’s kick-off meeting at 12:15 this Sunday, October 29th in the Annex. This meeting is open and free to anyone who’s “erg-curious” and wants to learn more about what’s involved. There will not be a workout.
4. Ever wonder what CFSBK would look like if it transformed into an art gallery? Well, those of us that participated in or attended CFSBK’s previous Art Shows know it looks pretty awesome. Our fourth Art Show will be Saturday, November 18th, and we need to know by Wednesday, November 1st whether you want to participate. See Tuesday’s post for details!
5. As we’ve mentioned on the blog in the past, Coach KHarpz is writing a series for our friends at beyond the whiteboard on her training for next year’s Northeast Regionals. Check out her 3rd and most recent installment, “Swole Searching: How Bad Do I Want It?”
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | SDHPs, Burpees, Thursters
Unplug from Technology for the Bigger Lifts BarBend
In the Wake of Harvey CrossFit Journal (video)