Jess P. representing CFSBK at the 2nd event of this year’s Subway Series (we see you, too, Thomas!). We’ll be hosting the 3rd event of the Subway Series tomorrow. Come over to the gym at noon to watch the action and cheer for your buds!
1. We’ll be running on a modified schedule for the big day tomorrow. Morning classes will run on the usual schedule, but everything from 11am onward is cancelled (i.e., 10am classes are the last of the day).
2. Fight Gone Bad fundraising season is here! So far we’ve raised just over $4,000 for Brooklyn Community Foundation. On Monday, we offered an email template you can send to your friends and family.
3. Front desker Karina S. has a show with her sketch team this Monday, October 16th at 7:30pm! Karina tells us, “It’s got some bizarre, spooky-funny sketches and makes a great date night. Also, you’ll get to see me making a rare cameo on stage in some spooky circumstances.” Check out the Magnet Theater website for ticket info and more details.
4. As we’ve mentioned before, Coach KHarpz is writing a series for our friends at beyond the whiteboard on her training for next year’s Northeast Regionals. Check out the most recent installment, “Trusting the Process”!
5. Need to build a foundation for gymnastics work on the rings? Check out this fun video of Coach David demonstrating a basic ring support!
Yesterday’s Results Board: Clean | 3 x 500m Row
Mattie Rogers Unofficially Broke the American Clean and Jerk Record BarBend
What Half-Marathons Teach Us About Running a Marathon NY Mag