Coach David, Herschel, and Annie Thorisdottir (who placed 3rd in last weekend’s CrossFit Games) back in 2013, when CFSBK hosted the announcement of Open Workout 13.2. Just one of many highlights from CFSBK’s 10-year history!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Hey, speaaaaking of 10 years… this week we announced the date of our 10th Anniversary Party. Save the date: this shindig goes down the evening of September 30th!
2. While you have your calendar out, save another date: Fight Gone Bad 2017 is slated for Saturday, October 21st. We’ll have sign-up info soon!
3. Everybody loves new gym gear! This week we debuted a shiny new set of 40 color-coded Rogue Fixed Length Speed Ropes to improve your fitness experience. See Wednesday’s post for details.
4. Another year has gone by, and it’s time once again for an NYC affiliate throw down: the seventh annual Subway Series! All NYC affiliates are invited to participate—the affiliate with the best overall score at the end of four events wins the Subway Series Trophy and bragging rights for a whole year! Early bird registration ends on September 5th.
5. Tomorrow’s 10am Yoga for Athletes class is cancelled. Yoga for Athletes will be cancelled for the rest of August while Coach Whit is out of town. Class will resume on September 2nd!
6. Tomorrow’s Kids Club Night is cancelled. Bummer! If your kid is signed up, the front desk staff will be in touch soon with refund info.
Yesterday’s Results Board: Snatch | Run, 3 Rounds of “Cindy”
The Science of Detraining Sci-Fit
Dylan Cooper Clean and Jerks 300 lbs While Solving a Rubik’s Cube BarBend
A) AMRAP 7 Minutes:
7 Power Cleans 135/95
The barbell weight should be light-medium for you, scale load accordingly.
Rest 5 Minutes
B) AMRAP 7 Minutes:
7 Handstand Push-Ups
Scale Dubs to Singles or 15 attempts per round. Scale the HSPUs to 1-2 AbMats or to heavy DB Presses today as needed. You should be able to move through the pushing movement either unbroken or in 2-3 quick sets as you fatigue.
Rest 5 Minutes
C) AMRAP 7 Minutes:
Post rounds, reps (or meters), and Rx to comments.
Sarah Costigan says
this seems brutal…I can’t wait
That Rubik’s Cube video is INSANE.
Jen Bokoff says
I can’t stop watching. This is by far my favorite thing today.
8am with Brett
This was a fun one. The first workout was the most challenging for me. My burpees are still really slow + fatigue started kicking in after round 2.
A) 3 Rounds + 16
RX for power cleans.
B) 4 Rounds + 40
Scaled to Box piked + Singles. Started out the first 2 rounds slow since I was still recovering. Slow transitions to and from the HSPUs. I should have pushed myself a bit more on this one.
Kept a steady pace between 32-35, then sprinted the last 45 seconds.
Ok, I have been trying to post comments for a while now and I remember it working once and not working again ever since. I have now figured out why! The blog doesn’t want me to be great and doesn’t post comments when I enter “André” and my name and only allows “Andre”
James A says
6am w/Brett for Saturday
Burpees & PCs – 5r
Jump rope & HSPUs – 3r + 38
Rowing – 1867m: with special SoulCycle coach Chas C. dishing out words of encouragement for all
Thursday 6a – Snatch Complex
115×2, 125×2, 135×4, 145×4
WOD – 10:54
6am, so early. I don’t know how you regulars do it (but I applaud you!).
Thursday’s work —
Snatches to 67#. This was 7# more than last week and felt much, much smoother – especially those last few reps. Maybe this practice thing is working 😉
WOD in 16:26 with banded pull-ups and push-ups scaled to knees. I feel like this was on the fast end so maybe I should have scaled less, but I’m not sure what the right option would have been – that volume of push-ups would not have been possible for me Rx, and I don’t yet have consistent pull-ups but like working on that strength so went with a band. Fun workout, though!
Charles Smith says
8 AM with Whitney doing Thursday’s work.
Worked up a bit on the snatches from 75-85#.
Had some difficulty catching after getting a better starting position
in the hang- last one finally felt good- will definitely be better as I work on it.
Wod in 19:19 with rowing. Flat died in the third round.
Perhaps having my last meal 15 hours before class was suboptimal, but
at least it was Carolina BBQ. In Carolina.
Lauren Borducci says
Hello all — Tomorrow night a good friend will be performing with one of his bands at Littlefield from 9pm to 1am. They play the gamut of cover songs, so it’s always lots of dancing and lots of fun. And there’s no cover. So, if you’re around go over and check it out.
Just noticed the new jump ropes today. Thank you!
I’m so excited to try them out!
Sarah Costigan says
Open gym tonight
Clean and jerk:
The last one felt the best!! Elbows were fast but jerk felt a little wobbly. My lifting is definitely getting more proficient which I’m happy about! All the OH lifts feel more stable. I think doing strengthening exercises in classes like short circuit are helping stabilize the smaller muscles which translates to a better lift!
These felt horrendous. In the last set I nearly failed. Nothing was helping today and I’m not sure why. Front squat is one of my weakest lifts so I think I need to continue to work the bottom of the squat so I don’t collapse and lose the lift.
21 cal AAB
15 burpee box jump overs
Had a good push from Ryan and Phil! Tried to maintain my pace based off of them. Held an RPM of 65-70 the entire time which I was happy with. Box jumps crushed me though. In the last round I lost it on the 13th burpee and had to take a breather. I wIsh I hadn’t. I need to learn to just push it to the end and not stop in the last round. That’s always my biggest weakness. Anyone can do anything for ten minutes, right?