Movie Night is here! Tonight after Open Gym (at 8pm), we’ll be showing the Eddie Murphy/Arsenio Hall/NYC classic Coming to America. CFSBK will provide some free beer, but feel free to BYOB and snacks!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Crossfitsouthbrookly.com will be getting a long-awaited refresher Saturday night. We’re updating the site to better serve our community and represent the gym on the World Wide Web). The user experience for you frequent blog readers and commenters won’t change much, but expect some minor technical difficulties (and maybe some “who-moved-my cheese?” moments) as we transition to the new site.
2. CFSBKers have been competing outside the gym a lot so far this summer! On Tuesday, we brought you a recap of the USAW Crow Hill Open, where 3 of our lifters qualified for Masters Nationals.
3. And on Wednesday, we reported on CFSBK’s success at Hail to the Team at CrossFit Queens. Competing in this team event, Coach KHarpz and Katie E. and Coach Brett and Phil S. took 1st place in the Men’s and Women’s Rx divisions. Congrats, to everyone who competed and thanks for representing CFSBK!
4. Want to give your kids some fun and fitness (and yourself the night off)? Sign your kids up for our Kids Club Night on Saturday, August 12th! Your kid will engage in fun movement activities and games, eat pizza, and watch a movie. See yesterday’s post for details.
5. We are gathering people for Scaled and Rx teams for Flex on the Beach on Saturday, September 16th. The Early Bird special ends on Sunday so now is the time to sign up. Just add your details here and we’ll try to get you on a team for this fun event!