BEWARE THE LEDGE: Denizens of 597 Degraw tell tales of THE LEDGE, a sentient cinder block ledge at the back of the gym that sometimes awakens to swallow cell phones, keys, and other small personal belongings. Luckily, Gennaro (who is a contractor) rescued Rachel’s phone from THE LEDGE’s maw with the help of a sledgehammer. Will THE LEDGE awaken again? Probably! So be sure not to put anything on THE LEDGE, since we can only sustain so much structural damage to let you retrieve your stuff!
The Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Coach McDowell’s last class will be today at 12pm. We’ll have a going-away party for him tonight starting at 6pm at Pig Beach. Come over to Union Street to bid the Myers family a fond farewell!
2. We’re so excited to announce that 10am CrossFit Preschool and 11am CrossFit Kids will be returning to our Sunday schedule starting this Sunday, June 25th! We’ve missed your kids and can’t wait to see them running, crawling and climbing all over the gym again.
3. In our latest installment of Behind the Desk, we learned more about Chas C. and his beautiful handwriting that inspires jealousy among his fellow front deskers.
4. Coach Nick’s CRASH-Beasts took to the water at Row New York recently, and we bought you a full report on Wednesday. Hurray for CFSBK field trips!
5. We’re very lucky to have Karina S. filling in for KH at a few Pilates classes this summer! This week we filled you in on Karina’s Pilates experience.