From our Instagram account: “CFSBKer Sarah C. takes on CrossFit Games Regional Event 6. Crushed it!”
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Lesley O. is our June Athlete of the Month. Congrats, Lesley!
2. Cam C. and Kayleigh R. will be competing in the Pull for Pride tomorrow at 4pm at CrossFit Crow Hill. The Pull for Pride is a Deadlift-only event benefiting the Ali Forney Center, whose mission is to protect LGBTQ youths from the harms of homelessness and empower them with the tools needed to live independently. Head over to Crow Hill and cheer our lifters on! Better still, you can sponsor Cam here.
3. Rachel H. is planning to go to the Power Monkey Fitness Camp in October and would like to assemble a group of CFSBKers to go with her. Groups of 5 or more people get a sweet discount, and she needs just 2 more people! The camp takes place October 1st through 7th in Crossville, TN. Contact Rachel at rthsiung [at] gmail.com if you’re interested!
4. Our recent lost and found dump is up on our Flickr account. Please claim your lonely items before we donate them to CHIPS in two weeks!
5. Mo and Kat recently moved to Sweden, and we’ll miss them very much! On Wednesday, we posted Mo’s farewell message to the CFSBK community.
6. In a new installment of Behind the Desk, we learned more about Kate T., aka “Tik-Taks” (maybe). You can look forward to more interviews with your favorite front deskers in the coming weeks!
7. Last but not least, Coach Jeremy and Coach Margie’s Starting Strengthers will wrap up their eight-week cycle on Sunday, June 11th starting at 2:00pm. Lifters will be testing their 1RMs in the Back Squat, Press, and Deadlift. All are welcome to come by, hang out, and do some cheering!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Clean and Jerk | Run, Power Cleans, Bar Muscle-Ups
Too Much Volume or Not Enough Fitness? The Russells
Your Thoughts Can Release Abilities Beyond Normal Limits Scientific American