This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Murph Day 2017 is THIS MONDAY! This is one of our biggest and best community events of the year, when we perform the classic CrossFit Hero WOD “Murph” followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. Go here to get in on the fun.
2. For the second year in a row, we’ll be raising money to benefit K9s for Warriors, an organization that provides service dogs for veterans suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post-9/11. Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a $20 donation to K-9s in lieu of class payment. Go HERE to support this terrific cause.
3. On Tuesday, Coach Fox offered some scaling options for “Murph.” If you’re thinking about doing it, do it!
4. There are still some spots open in the AM cycle of Coach Arturo’s AG Strength class. Need help with your Pull-Up? This is the class for you! See Wednesday’s post for details. This class starts soon, so get on it!
5. CFSBK will provide one keg (courtesy of Threes Brewing), burgers, and sausages for Murph Day, but please feel free to BYOB and more delicious foods, especially side dishes! Leave a comment on the event page to let us know what you’re bringing!
6. Because we’ll be running heats from 8am to 1pm on Monday, all other classes are cancelled. That includes Fit 55+, Diapers & Dumbbells, Starting Strength, and Next Level Weightlifting.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Clean and Jerk | Double-Unders, Power Cleans, Muscle-Ups
CrossFit Athletes Try Their Hardest to Keep Up with a Professional Ballerina SELF
To Get Better at Managing Your Time, Borrow a Training Strategy from Elite Athletes NY Mag