Clean and Jerk Complex
Every 90 seconds for 10 reps:
Clean High Pull + Low Hang (1″) Clean High Pull + Low-Hang (1″) Clean + Push Jerk+ Split Jerk
Work up to a medium-heavy load for the day.
Post loads to comments.
AMRAP 12 Minutes:
6 Power Cleans 155/105
3 Ring Muscle-Ups
Scale the jump rope to singles as needed. The Power Snatches should be medium-heavy and done touch-and-go on the fast end. The Muscle-Ups can be scaled to jumping as appropriate, or to 3 Pull-Ups + 3 Ring Dips per muscle up.
Photo by Thomas H.
Murph Day 2017: A Guide
Our Memorial Day “Murph” event is now just 4 days away! Here’s everything you need to know:
- This is one of our biggest and best community events of the year, when we perform the classic CrossFit Hero WOD “Murph” followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. The workout is tough—very tough—but it can, of course, be scaled to meet everyone’s capacity. What are you waiting for? Sign up here!
- What is “Murph”? How should you approach it? All of the answers are in Tuesday’s post, in which Coach Fox lays out some scaling options.
- CFSBK and many other affiliates do “Murph” on Memorial Day in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy, 29, of Patchogue, N.Y., who was killed in Afghanistan June 28th, 2005. If you’d like to learn more about Michael Murphy and where this workout comes from, this is a great place to start.
- For the second year in a row, we’ll be raising money to benefit K9s for Warriors, an organization that provides service dogs for veterans suffering from Post-traumatic Stress Disability, traumatic brain injury and/or military sexual trauma as a result of military service post-9/11. Founded in 2011 by Shari Duval with the hopes of pairing 12 Warrior-Canine teams a year, the program has graduated over 263 Warrior/canine teams. 90% of the dogs in the program come from rescue shelters or are owner-surrendered. You can learn more about the program and read success stories on the K-9s for Warriors website.
- Since there’s no charge for this workout (the class won’t be deducted from your weekly limit), we suggest that you make a $20 donation to K-9s in lieu of class payment. Go HERE to support this terrific cause.
- We’ll be running heats from 8am to 1pm that day. That means everything else is cancelled, including Fit 55+, Diapers & Dumbbells, Starting Strength, and Next Level Weightlifting Club.
- CFSBK will provide one keg, burgers, and sausges, but please feel free to BYOB and more delicious foods, especially side dishes! Leave a comment on the event page to let us know what you’re bringing!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Back Rack Reverse Lunges | KB Swings, Thrusters, Burpees
What Made Sir Roger Moore the Best James Bond The Daily Beast
Meet the Funeral Therapy Dog Who Helps Mourners Process Their Grief NY Mag