3 x 8
Go heavier than last week. Perform each rep as it’s own event, focusing on moving from a solid rack to a stable overhead position. Hold each rep overhead for a 2 count before recovering.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 3 of 8
5 Rounds for Time:
7 Overhead Squats 95/65
7 Handstand Push-Ups
The barbell should be light for you and unbroken on the fast end. Scale the Handstand Push-Ups to Box Piked HSPUs or 3 Wall Walks as needed.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Eat, Pray, Gainz: Easy Turkey and Green Salsa with Black Beans Skillet
By Christian Fox
Healthy, delicious meals don’t have to be at all complicated… and here’s some proof! It really couldn’t be much simpler. Make it your own depending on what you like and/or what you have on hand in your kitchen.
The recipe below makes 4 servings, each at about 375 calories with 42 grams of protein, 14 grams of fat, and 23 grams of carbohydrate.
- 1lb lean ground turkey (we used Plainville brand 93% lean)
- 1 15.5oz can black beans, drained and rinsed (we used Fairway brand)
- 1 16oz jar salsa verde (we used Mrs. Refreño’s Green Salsa w/Jalapenõs)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- Drain and rinse black beans
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and brown the turkey over medium high until cooked through.
- While the turkey is browning, drain and rinse the black beans.
- Once the turkey is cooked through (you shouldn’t see any pink in there) add the beans and the salsa.
- Cook a few minutes more until the beans and salsa are warmed through.
- Change the ingredients to your taste, or use what you have on hand!
- Any lean ground meat will work, as will crumbled tempeh, Boca Burger, or extra firm tofu (pulse the veggie options in a food processor for a few turns to crumble).
- Any beans you like or have on hand will work. Make sure to drain and rinse ‘em.
- Use your salsa of choice!
- The pic above shows the dish served with a few toasted corn tortillas (for added carbs), a dollop of nonfat yogurt, shredded lettuce and Oaxaca cheese, and some sliced pickled jalapeños. A few pickled red onions would have been nice, too…
- Serve over cooked pasta or rice for extra carbs!
- Garnish with sliced avocado for extra fat!
Here’s How CrossFit Games Athlete Sam Dancer Warms Up BarBend
Nike’s Quest to Beat the Two Hour Marathon Comes Up Short Wired