This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Sign ups for Murph Day 2017 are now open! See the event page for more details. This is a great community event where we perform this classic CrossFit benchmark workout followed by some grilling, side dishes, and beers. The workout is tough—very tough—but it can, of course, be scaled to meet everyone’s capacity. What’re waitin’ for? Sign up today!
2. Starting May 14th, we’ll be adding new Short Circuit and Fit 55+ classes to our schedule. Who doesn’t love more fitness? All the details can be found in Tuesday’s post.
3. Here’s CFSBK OG Bethany E. at the South Brooklyn Weightlifting Club Spring Classic, where she placed 3rd in the 57kg weight class, PR’d her Deadlift at 296lbs, and scored a total of 628lbs. Congrats, Bethany!
4. On Wednesday, we got to know Kirby S. a little better. She had some great advice for new CFSBKers: “Sign up for stuff! I’m SO not a joiner by nature, nor am I an especially competitive person, but being part of the CFSBK community has helped me come out of my shell and say ‘yes’ more often…which is a highly transferrable life skill. There are so many ways to participate beyond simply coming to class, and it’s really fun to feel like a part of something. And you can take it as seriously as you want! The LFPB Challenge, Fight Gone Bad, the Open… do it!” You heard the woman: sign up for Murph Day!
5. We’ve accumulated approximately 3,000 pairs of unclaimed weightlifting shoes that were left at the gym over the past year. Please take a look here, here, here, and here. Let the front desk know if any of them belong to you!
6. This Sunday’s 11am Active Recovery class is cancelled. Still want to do something other than group class this weekend? Don’t forget about Saturday’s 10am Yoga for Athletes and 11am Active Recovery classes, as well as Sunday’s 2pm Anti-Gravity class.