Close-Grip Bench Press
Heavy single, then…
90% x 3 x 3
Work up to a heavy single (not a 1RM) and perform 3 x 3 based on it. These should be controlled reps with a smooth down and no bouncing off the chest. If the 90% feels easy, add a pause on the chest. Use spotters on all work sets.
5 x 5
Perform 5 sets of 5 at a medium-heavy weight. Use spotters on all work sets.
Post loads to comments.
50 Deadlifts 225/155
50 Wall Balls 20/10, 14/9
50 Calorie Row
Post time and Rx to comments.
Mark G. Snatches at Friday Night Lights as Griselle O. cheers. Come out again this Friday night at 7pm to watch CFSBKers take on 17.4 in THE GAUNTLET. And check out more of Thomas H.’s great photos from this past Friday to see what’s in store!
AM CLASSES CANCELLED: (Updated Monday @7:00pm)
Due to the snow storm we’ve decided to cancel the AM block tomorrow, that means all classes before 4:30pm.
We’ll also post on Facebook, Instagram, Myspace, Friendster, live journal, Xanga or you can check our cryptic and overly emotional AIM away message for additional updates.
- SCHEDULE CHANGE: Tomorrow’s 7:30pm Pilates class with Kristin H. is cancelled.
- CrossFit Open competitors: Don’t forget to submit your scores to the Open site by 8pm tonight!
- Open Intramural Team captains: Please submit your team’s scores and averages to the spreadsheet by noon tomorrow!
Movement Clinic: Crossover Symmetry & Healthy Shoulders
What is it?
An hour-long clinic with Coach Whit focusing on shoulder function and health. We will:
- Complete brief flexibility and mobility testing.
- Learn how to use the Crossover Symmetry apparatus through a series of exercises sequenced to address posture, scapula positional stability, rotator cuff function, and motor programming.
- Briefly discuss and practice other simple ways to prepare, warm-up, and recover the shoulders.
The goal of this clinic is not to simply give you a fish, but rather to teach you how to fish… except here the fishing poll is a set of resistance bands and the fish are your badass, strong, supple shoulders! Woohoo! You’ll walk away with concrete ways to approach your own shoulder health and function, whether it’s before/after group class, as a part of your warm-ups in class, or during OG.
Choose one of the following dates to attend:
- Sunday, March 26 at 9am
- Wednesday, March 29 @ 7:30pm
Anyone can attend. The clinic is $20 for members and $25 for non-members. Each session listed above will be capped at 9 people to allow for individual attention. Sign up for either clinic, but not both, as it will be the same content.
The clinic sessions will be held in 608 Degraw.
Please bring your logbook or other tracking method to take notes on what we do.
Steph Curry Literary Sees the World Differently Than You Do NY Mag
Why Is Itching So Contagious? Smithsonian