Clean and Jerk Metcon
60 Calorie Row
30 Clean and Jerks 185/125
The Clean and Jerk should be medium-heavy for you, a weight at which you’re doing mostly (or even all) singles. Any version of a Clean and Jerk is permissible.
Post time and Rx to comments.
TODAY: SquadWOD at CFSBK
Date: Today, 3pm – 5pm
What: A women-focused WOD led by Crossfit Solace Coach Heidi Jones
Did Iron Maidens pique your interest in female-centric fitness? Squad WOD is a female-focused workout that takes place at different gyms across the NYC area. The intention is to bring women together in an environment that is free of judgement and overflowing with empowerment, camaraderie, and support for each other.
Squad WOD is a chance to meet, connect, make new friends, and empower one another in an environment that is all about celebrating each of our strengths and broadening our squads.
A bit about this event’s incredible guest speaker: Nabiha Syed had already published a book, founded a legal clinic and advocated for women’s rights in Pakistan by the time she was 28. We are excited to talk to Nabiha about her journey as a Muslim woman in a predominantly white, male career. In addition, she is going to talk to all of us about diving into our passions headfirst, how to channel our Type A tendencies into successful endeavors and what ‘leaning in’ means to her.
Proceeds from the event will benefit the Sadie Nash Leadership Project. Sadie Nash promotes leadership and activism among young women. The program is designed to strengthen, empower, and equip young women as change agents in their lives and in the world.
Get ready for an inspirational chat and workout!
NO CROSSFIT EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED. So bring your friends!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
We know you missed your “Week in Review” on Friday, so we’re bringing it to you today. Let’s do it!
3. Missing something? Maybe a bike helmet or some cool blue Asics? Our latest lost and found dump is up on the Flickr account.
4. We brought you another interview with a 2017 Look, Feel, Perform Better participant, Adam S. Coach Fox asked Adam how things are going with about a month left in the Challenge. Watch the video to learn how much Adam’s mobility has improved and also how much it sucks to have a birthday right in the middle of the Challenge!
5. The spring membership drive for our CSA through Herondale Farm kicked off this week. The meats are good! See Wednesday’s post to find out how you can acquire the meats, delivered right to the gym, on a regular basis.
6. We annouced a new class, AG Strength with Coach Ro, on Thursday. It sold out within hours, but keep a look out for the next cycle! Here’s what Christina L. has to say about working on pull-ups with the mowhawked man himself: “Arturo’s pull-up program was amazing! I have always been very athletic, but was never able to do pull-ups. A couple of years ago, I decided that needed to change. I did Arturo’s pull-up program for about two months and did my first pull-up just shy of my 40th birthday! After that, I added volume, kipping pull-ups came easily, and I’ve now done Murph Rx twice. The key for me was the comprehensive and layered approach – there are lots of muscles involved in a strength skill like pull-ups and spending some time with a variety of movements was was critical to getting me over the bar.”
7. Finally, we recapped Week 1 of the Open Intramural League Competition. There were stunning allegations of doping, alternative repping, browbeating—all manner of skulduggery.
Get Out of the Clean Faster Catalyst Athletics
87% of Loud Crashing Noises Are Nothing, Report Top Experts From Other Room