This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Come to the first LFPB Challenge Q&A Info Session—”Why Nutrition?”—this Sunday at 12pm in the Annex with Coach Fox. Want to know why we should we care about what we’re eating? Do you have to weigh and measure? You exercise, isn’t that enough? We’ll also discuss what we mean by “whole foods,” “lean proteins,” “clean carbs,” and “healthy fats” to help get you started on the path to better nutrition followed by an open Q&A.
2. The Challenge has been a life-altering experience for so many CFSBKers. On Wednesday, we heard from one of them: Evan H.!
3. On Monday, Coach Margie offered invaluable advice on modifying group class to train for February’s Iron Maidens Raw Open. Even if you’re not competing in Iron Maidens, it’s a great read full of useful info. Feed your fitness brain!
4. Don’t forget about the Iron Maidens Lift’n’Learn session this Sunday at 2pm. See the event page for details!
5. The results of our most recent Lost and Found clean out are in and [tears open envelope] yes… it looks like we have a lot of your stuff! See the Flickr account and claim your sad, lonely posessions before we donate them to CHIPS.
6. Finally, BarBend just published a great article by CFSBK resident anthropologist Katie H. Check out “The Shared Meaning of Community Fitness.” She asks some great questions at the end of the article, so we’re going to make them our Question(s) of the Day! How do you define fitness community? Why do you think community is so important to CrossFit? And how does community get built, maintained, and challenged? Tell us in the comments!