Push Press / Dumbbell Bent-Over Row Superset*
1A) Push Press
Fitness and Performance
3 x 10
Perform these at about 90% of what you successfully made for 10 in Week 2. Touch-and-Go is permitted.
Fitness and Performance
3 x 8-12
Perform 3 sets of 8-12 reps. Use Week 1 as a guide. Aim initially to get 3 sets with perfect form and aim to increase either reps or load from week to week. Keep in mind that these are an accessory movement and you’ll get more out of them by performing the movement well than by heaving heavier dumbbells around with poor form. If you can finish the cycle with 3 perfect sets of 12 at your heaviest 10 from week one, you win! These are both arms at the same time. Keep these strict and avoid using momentum from your back and hips. Elbows finish close to the torso. Drop weight if you need to heave the dummbells.
*Superset means that you perform a set of exercise A (in this case the Press) and then after a short rest, 30 to 90 seconds, you perform a set of exercise B (in this case the Dumbbell Bent-Over Row). You then rest a short period before returning to exercise A and continue in this fashion until all warm up and work sets are completed.
Post loads to comments.
Exposure 4 of 8
Scale the Pull Ups to Jumping Pull-Ups as needed. The goal is of the metcon is a fast burner.
Post time and Rx to comments.
Want to Learn to Row from an Olympian? Come to the C.R.A.S.H.-B. Kick-Off Meeting With Coach Nick This Saturday!
Do you hate and fear workouts that involve rowing? Do you secretly love them but don’t want to admit it? Either way, you have a good reason to train for the C.R.A.S.H.-B. World Indoor Rowing Championship! Coach Nick will prepare members in the months leading up to race day, which is Feb. 12. Come to Coach Nick’s kick-off meeting and technique clinic at 8:30 AM on Saturday, November 12th. Please note: This meeting is only for people who are definitely participating in the program. Here’s some basic info:
- The events at CRASH-Bs are individual.
- You don’t have to be an SBK member to participate.
- The group will get together for three technique clinics (each of which will conclude with a workout) and three races.
- Participants will do the workouts on their own.
- Nick will provide support—including video analysis of your technique—throughout the program.
- Anyone can join—there is no minimum performance requirement.
- Visit the event page for pricing options and more info. At the kick-off meeting at 8:30am on Saturday, November 12th, he’ll explain the program in detail. The session will also include the first technique clinic, which will conclude with a workout.
Send Coach Nick an email at Nick [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn.com if you plan to show up or if you have any questions. There is 12% discount for all current CFSBK members. Please Coach Nick or the Front Desk for the discount code.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Clean and Jerk Metcon
Are You Struggling With Muscle-Ups? Focus on the Basics CF Jääkarhu
Photographing America’s Greatest Living Poets PBS