This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. This Monday, Labor Day, we’ll be running on a modified schedule. We’ll have group classes on the hour at 9:00am, 10:00am, 11:00am and 12:00pm, with Open Gym Membership also happening during that time. Evening classes are cancelled. Enjoy the long weekend!
2. The deadline to sign up for Fight Gone Bad 2016 is also this Monday, September 5th! Have you registered yet? Well, get after it!
3. Kate R. is working on a photography project about people who are LGBTQ and Catholic. She is taking peoples’ portraits and would love to hear a bit about their faith and what they wrestle with in the Church. Does this describe you or someone you know? You can see Kate’s work here and can contact her at katharinereece [at] gmail.com.
4. Taco Jesus (aka, DH3) is also working on a project… of sorts. He started a petition to get Most Tacos Eaten back on the leaderboard. He’s already reached the 50-signature threshold to restore Tacos to the leaderboard and rectify this injustice. Rest easy: CFSBK is once again an unsafe space for tacos. Help him reach his goal of 100 signatures! He’s promised to buy everyone who signs a taco at Fight Gone Bad, so it’s more of a petition to bankrupt Taco Jesus now.
5. Speaking of the leaderboard, it has been revised. Here’s what we changed.
6. Adam S. is producing a fun event called The Artist Room: Martha Graham Cracker. If you like immersive theater and drag performances, this is the show for you! Go here for more details and ticket info.
7. Last but not least, in the return of Behind the Desk, we profiled new front desker Toni S. We’ll be introducing you to the rest of our new front desk staff over the coming weeks!
8. PSA: The parking signs on Degraw have changed, and the NYPD has been ticketing more aggressively. Be sure to check the signs when you park, especially near the dialysis center close to 3rd Avenue!
What It Means to “Live Like and Artist” in New York The Awl
How Top Strongwoman Athletes Are Already Outlifting Some Male Athletes BarBend