This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. This Sunday, CFSBKers Jason C., Coach KHarpz, James A., and Brad D. will be competing in the first of this year’s Subway Series events at at CrossFit Virtuosity! The first workout kicks off at noon. More event info, including the Scaled and Rx workouts, can be found here. Head up to Virtuosity on Sunday to watch our athletes kick some ass!
2. As you may have noticed, we’re now offering RxBars for purchase at the front desk! Go here to find out why we think you should consider these as a pre- or post-workout snack.
3. Prompted by an e-mail from Paul A., we reposted a CFSBK classic: Coach Fox’s “There Is No Wagon: Thoughts on Binge Eating and Dieting.” It’s great. Give it a read!
4. Herondale meat CSA customers: please note that the farm has informed us that August’s delivery will be delayed by one week. Delivery will be Wednesday, August 10th. The time remains 6-8:30pm.
5. CFSBK is in the process of redesigning its website (not too much!) with the help of the fantastic Chris Y. Now we’re looking for a front-end web developer familiar with the Squarespace CMS to help us see the project through. Have professional services to offer? E-mail david [at] crossfitsouthbrooklyn.com if you’re interested.
6. Packer is looking for a few more people to fill out his team for the Wawayanda Lake Ragnar Race (September 30th to October 1st). Interested? Contact him directly at david.packer [at] gmail.com!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch | Deadlifts, Pull-Ups
Tolerance of Smoke May Have Given Us an Edge Over Neanderthals New Scientist
Load the Squat to Increase Mobility Barbell Rehab
Fitness Blogger Proves that Weight Is a Meaningless Number NY Post