This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. It’s been an emotional week at the gym as we say our goodbyes to Coach Noah. Here’s his farewell letter. We’ll miss you, dude!
2. Noah and Coach Ro answered some questions about the Anti-Gravity class they created and have been coaching for the past year. Spoiler alert: Ro is taking over Noah’s Sunday AG class as of next weekend!
3. CFSBK is hosting its first-ever (unsanctioned—punk rock forever!) Spikeball tournament tomorrow at 4:00pm. Go to the event page for more details and to sign up.
4. CFSBK put on a strong showing at the Crow Hill Open 2016: Coach JB qualified for the American Open with a 71kg Clean and Jerk and a 51kg Snatch. Coach Katie went 5 for 6 and took first in her weight class. Coach Lady Fox took 2nd place in the Masters division with a 126kg total (!), and Amanda Mc went 3 for 6 in her first meet and PRed her Clean! Over on the men’s side, Coach Fox went 6 for 6 with an 87kg Snatch and a 115kg Clean and Jerk. Coach McDowell went 5 for 6 with a 108kg Snatch and a top Clean and Jerk of 125kg. Finally, Alex B. hit a 103kg Snatch and a 130kg Clean and Jerk. Congrats, guys! We’re so proud of you!
5. Coach Nick is organizing a marathon row on July 24th. Sign up here! Space is limited. If you’ve never been hollered at (lovingly) by an Olympic rower, now’s your chance!
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch | Run, Squats, Toes-to-Bars
NASA Has Discovered a Massive Hole in the Sun Atlas Obscura
Double-Under Drill for Beginners WODprep