CFSBK has seen accomplishments galore lately! Let’s see… Grace D. hit a 100kg Back Squat. Kayleigh Cleaned 158lbs and Snatched 110lbs. Coach Jess did “Grace” in 237. Matt C. Snatched 85kg. Tom S. Cleaned 175lbs. Keep up the great work, all!
This Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Weekend schedule changes: Tomorrow’s 10:00am Yoga for Athletes is ON with guest instructor Sasha S. All CrossFit Kids programming is cancelled from today through Monday for 4th of July weekend.
2. On Monday, July 4th, we’ll offer Open Gym hours from 8:00am to 12:00pm.
3. SAVE THE DATE: On July 9th CFSBK will be hosting an OUTWOD workout for every class as part of a national benefit for victims of the Orlando shooting. CrossFit gyms from New York, Miami, Chicago, Detroit, LA, and Tennessee will be participating in this special OUTWOD event. Class will be “free” to any CrossFitter but we’ll ask all participants throughout the day to donate a drop in membership’s worth to the Orlando Victims Fund. Go here to register and make your donation.
4. We learned more about Malachy M. in our latest installment of Better Know a Member.
5. We bid a fond farewell to Yoshi and Josi Stone and Rich and Meghan Armstrong. Good luck, guys. Visit us soon!
6. In a new blog feature, we took a closer look at the “knees out” (!) cue. Let us know what other cues you’d like to see featured.
7. The Subway Series is fast approaching, and registration is still open! A series of local competitions is just a subway ride away. That’s why they call it the Subway Series.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch | Wall Balls, Power Cleans, Push-Ups
Zone vs. Macros: Accounting for Fat in Protein CrossFit Journal
The Beginning of Everything Kurzgesagt