The Week at CFSBK in Review
1. Movie Night returns on tonight at 8:00pm with Purple Rain (1984)! Come for Open Gym, stay for a kick-ass movie. Or just come for the movie. We don’t care as long as you’re there! Bring your own beer, snacks, crying doves, little red Corvettes, etc.
2. Big news from Coach Noah: he’s moving to Austin to open his own CrossFit affiliate in August! We’re sad to see him go but, of course, also very excited for him. He’ll continue to coach his regular classes until the move.
3. In the latest installment of Better Know a Member, we learned more about Pigeon K.
4. Did you leave a pair of shoes at the gym some time over the past 6 months? We have an impressive collection of shoes pulled from the lost and found. If any of these belong to you, please claim them soon!
5. There’s a new post up over on Inside the Affiliate. It’s not just a fun, interesting read. What Makes a Great CrossFit Group Class is also a terrific insight into what makes CFSBK such a great gym.
6. Interested in doing a competition over the summer? Flex on the Beach registration is open! The event will take place on September 17th, and our comp team will be there.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Snatch | Row, Wall Balls, Run, Burpees
CrossFit Instructor Accidentally Breaks Record for Most Pull-Ups in a Minute Daily Mail
The Elbow Problem Starting Strength