1-1-1 @ 85%+
Warm up and make 3 singles at 85% or better of your 1RM. If it’s feeling great, then go for a new 1RM. If not, hang back a bit and make three heavy reps.
Find a heavy 5-rep Bench Press. You should feel like you can do 2-3 more at your heaviest weight. No failing.
Post loads to comments.
“Cindy Row Your Boat” | LFPB Capacity Test
AMRAP 10 minutes:
5 Kipping Pull-Ups
15 Air Squats
Rest 2 minutes, then:
AMRAP 3 minutes:
Max Calories Rowed
Sub Ring Rows or Banded Pull-Ups as appropriate.
Post rounds, reps, and Rx to comments.
News and Notes from CFSBK Members
We love the crew of brainiacs and all-round talented people who help make the gym a special place. Here are just a few recent news items about CFSBKers:
- For the past two years Chris Y. has been working exclusively with a very small (now Vitamin D deficient) team on a considerably hardcore piece of software. It’s been one of the most difficult and challenging experiences he’s had as a designer. And now he’d like to introduce Knoto! An app that uses face recognition to make sending photos fast, simple and easy: from organizing photos by person to seamless AutoSending (and everything in between). Do you keep forgetting to send those group selfies? Send them as soon as you take them. Do your folks want more pics of your kids? Share every moment with them as it happens. Do you just want more photos of yourself? Get every one, every time, in real time. Knoto – photos that know where to go. It’s free and available now in the App Store. Let’s all congratulate Chris and start using Knoto!
- Gerry M. riffed on the latest doings in the presidential race for The New York Times Closeup on NY1 News (starting at 25 minutes into the program). Well done, Gerry!
- Packer is looking for people to join him in forming a team for a Ragnar Trail race. Follow the link for details, but the way it works is: everyone runs three times, a different trail each time; in between, you’re camping out, hanging out with friends, making new friends, and enjoying time outside the city in a beautiful spot. He’s considering two races: 1) Wawayanda Lake (Sept 30 – Oct 1, about 50 miles from NYC) or 2 ) Big Bear Lake, West Virginia, (Aug 12 – 13). E-mail him at David [dot] Packer [at] gmail [dot] com to let him know you’re interested!
Got something of note going on in your life? Let us know! We want to hear about your promotions, events, art, personal victories, discoveries, media campaigns, and small government coup d’états, or you can just share interesting links. We also always love hearing about any CrossFit/athletic-related goals and accomplishments. Send awesomeness to Josh [at] CrossFitSouthBrooklyn [dot] com.
Wondering how you stacked up against your fellow CFSBKers in 16.4? Well, here are a whole bunch of leaderboards!
- Overall Leaderboard
- Men’s Leaderboard
- Women’s Leaderboard
- Men’s Masters Leaderboard (40-44)
- Women’s Masters Leaderboard (40-44)
- Men’s Masters Leaderboard (45+)
- Women’s Masters Leaderboard (45+)
(NOTE: There are technically a few divisions between 45 and 60; however, in the latter two, we only had a couple of competitors in each division. We combined everyone 45+ to make it easier to view.)
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Rest Day
Feminine Muscularity: Reshaping The Cultural Understanding of Beauty Huffington Post
Potential: How Women in CrossFit Are Transforming the Definitions of Strength and Femininity CrossFit