Work up to a clean that’s a bit heavier than the weight you’ll use for the metcon.
Post loads to comments.
3 Rounds For Time:
7 Front Squats 185/125
7 Muscle Ups
Cleans come off the floor, and the first Front Squat can be a full Clean. The Front Squats should be heavyish but unbroken. If you can do a a few deep ring dips and are stable on top of the rings but don’t yet have ring Muscle-Ups, substitute Jumping Muscle-Ups. Be sure to catch the transition at the bottom of the dip.
3 Round For Time:
10 Front Squats 135/95
Same as above: No rack—first Front Squat can be a full Clean. The Front Squats should be heavyish for 10 but unbroken is the goal.
- Schedule Changes: Today’s 9am Yoga and 7:30pm Active Recovery classes are cancelled.
- Open Workout 16.3 will be announced tonight at 8pm EST. Go here to watch the live annoucement!
Etiquette Tip of the Week: Wash Yer Dang Cups!
Art by Jen Murray
Rub-a-dub-dub one cup in a tub, and nobody’s gonna wash it but you! We love you guys, but you’re kinda messy sometimes. Here’s a refresher on drink and sink etiquette:
- Feel free to use any of the cups in either of the racks at 597! But once you’ve finished you drink or finished class, please wash it with soap and water and return it to the drying rack so somebody else can use it. Same goes for dishes and utensils.
- You can keep your cup on the counter until you’re done with it. Please don’t bring open containers onto the gym floor.
- You can, of course, also leave your own water bottles and shaker cups on the counter, but don’t forget to take them home after class! Protein shakes get smelly real fast, and the neighbors (especially that busybody Martha) are starting to wonder about our large collection of water bottles.
- Nespresso pods and K-Cups are available at the front desk for $1.
Yesterday’s Whiteboard: Burpees, Deadlifts | Thrusters, Row
Here’s the Thing About Cardio… Weightlifting and Conditioning Catalyst Athletics
A Civil War Love Story The Hairpin